Re-Class from Rated to Non-Rated

cme0004

Question

I am currently attending one of the flying trainings but unfortunately do not see myself being able to to finish. I have one more assessment and if I fail I completely wash out of the training. I have a couple questions about what the reclass process looks like.

Background: I am a 1st Lt that started his career in acquisitions. To be completely clear I do not want to go back. I would much rather gain experience leading airman and the 63A career field just doesn't provide that because it is very civilian heavy. I saw the list of "air force needs" and I feel like I would THRIVE in Security Force, Force Support, Logistics or Finance.

My questions are:

1. Will I be forced back into the 63A (previous AFSC) career field if I wash out of flying training or would I go through the normal re-class process?

2. Because of my grad degree I do meet all of the qualifications for a specialty career (41A-

Healthcare Administrator). Is this a possibility?

3. Is overall retention even on the table? I have been told that it is not from a couple others but want to put it out to the masses and see what is said?

Thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 answer to this question

I am currently attending one of the flying trainings but unfortunately do not see myself being able to to finish. I have one more assessment and if I fail I completely wash out of the training. I have a couple questions about what the reclass process looks like.

Background: I am a 1st Lt that started his career in acquisitions. To be completely clear I do not want to go back. I would much rather gain experience leading airman and the 63A career field just doesn't provide that because it is very civilian heavy. I saw the list of "air force needs" and I feel like I would THRIVE in Security Force, Force Support, Logistics or Finance.

My questions are:

1. Will I be forced back into the 63A (previous AFSC) career field if I wash out of flying training or would I go through the normal re-class process?

2. Because of my grad degree I do meet all of the qualifications for a specialty career (41A-
Healthcare Administrator). Is this a possibility?

3. Is overall retention even on the table? I have been told that it is not from a couple others but want to put it out to the masses and see what is said?

Thanks for any help!

Could you have picked 4 worse career fields?

• Upvote 1