Swapping Tracks in UPT

I know we’ve all read and heard that there are some instances where a guard/reserve fighter select that’s not doing too hot will swap with a heavy select during UPT. Just curious if anyone knows about how often that happens. I’ve heard washout rate for fighter selects is pretty high. Thanks in advance for any info!

Happens pretty often. If you're making it in T6s and not a totally ham-handed pilot, they're not usually going to write off that training already sunk if you're struggling in 38s. Once they wing you (which happens earlier/after T6s now?), they're not going to want to lose you as an asset they spent money to train. As long as you get a heavy unit to pick you up (AFRC or AD will just shuffle you to where they need bodies if you don't have someone; Guard may require more work on your part since you're more owned by a certain unit/state) and you still want to fly, it's not an earth shattering move. I think I personally know of >5 people bouncing between pointy and heavy life at various stages along the training/career. 

5 hours ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

Happens pretty often. If you're making it in T6s and not a totally ham-handed pilot, they're not usually going to write off that training already sunk if you're struggling in 38s. Once they wing you (which happens earlier/after T6s now?), they're not going to want to lose you as an asset they spent money to train. As long as you get a heavy unit to pick you up (AFRC or AD will just shuffle you to where they need bodies if you don't have someone; Guard may require more work on your part since you're more owned by a certain unit/state) and you still want to fly, it's not an earth shattering move. I think I personally know of >5 people bouncing between pointy and heavy life at various stages along the training/career. 

Thanks for the info!