Switching from heavies to fighter guard/reserve

Not to resurface an old conversation here, but how does it work going the other way?

If one is hired to fly ANG fighters, and wants to make an airframe switch to heavies for whatever reason, is that a laborious process? Kinda curious if it's culturally accepted in the heavy community to hire fighter pilots, but also what's required to make that switch.

• Upvote 1

Required: Get losing unit CC approval/agreement, do the release/gaining paperwork between state HROs, go to a TX. Obviously you also need to get “hired” by the heavy squadron you want to join.

I know several guys who have gone tankers or MQ-9s. Much easier than the other direction. 

Required: Get losing unit CC approval/agreement, do the release/gaining paperwork between state HROs, go to a TX. Obviously you also need to get “hired” by the heavy squadron you want to join.
I know several guys who have gone tankers or MQ-9s. Much easier than the other direction. 

Hired many fighter guys into the C-130, MQ-9, and the KC-135. Simple process as described above.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app