Guard Age Eligibility Question

Hey all,

Attached is a snipping tool of the AFMAN 36-2100 talking about age and TFCS eligibility requirements.  I just want to confirm that the way the AFMAN reads, for Guard units as long as you are younger than 33 when the individual unit announces their hiring results you will not need an age ETP?  Got hired by a Guard fighter unit a few months ago and wanted to confirm the age requirements.  Thanks.  

AFMAN 36-2100 Pg 75_76.jpg

I was told by a unit I applied to that they called someone at NGB who said no ETP for age this year, but like anything take that with a grain of salt. I was told no waivers for knee issues before and went and got that done myself. I didn’t ask about TFCS. 

My understanding of the age is that the individual unit can determine at what exact point the age requirement applies and that’s why you see varying age requirements between units. They can put “must meet the board prior to 33rd birthday,” or they can say “must be at UPT prior to 33rd birthday.” 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 11:10 AM, WannaBpilot said:

I was told by a unit I applied to that they called someone at NGB who said no ETP for age this year, but like anything take that with a grain of salt.

I was invited to rush at a heavy guard squadron this year and the chief pilot said they invited applicants over the age limit, and they're willing to push the paperwork up to 35, so maybe it's possible.