ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

1 hour ago, Musicman4 said:

How did you get a 99pcsm with 14.5 hours? Thats wild. Congrats man. 

🤷‍♂️ 😆 But thanks! I was hoping for pilot, but the more I researched CSO, now I'm excited to earn a spot on the F-15E or AC-130! 

Being selected with an Age Waiver ETP, if I reject this selection I will not be allowed to re-apply again.

• Like 3

On 1/29/2024 at 11:11 PM, FloridaMan26 said:

Any speculation on PCS dates for non pilot selects? i’ve heard spring for non pilots and fall for pilots

A fellow CGO who got selected last year, who's currently there, told me folks PCS'd as early as Feb/March. And per the PSDM release, the older you are (like me, already having an Age Waiver), the more likely you'll get an earlier PCS date to Pensacola (UCT) training... but, (at least at UCT), it seems like their training is getting backed up, causing a delay in classes, and folks stuck in the pipeline.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Wx2Flt said:

A fellow CGO who got selected last year, who's currently there, told me folks PCS'd as early as Feb/March. And per the PSDM release, the older you are (like me, already having an Age Waiver), the more likely you'll get an earlier PCS date to Pensacola (UCT) training... but, (at least at UCT), it seems like their training is getting backed up, causing a delay in classes, and folks stuck in the pipeline.

Per the memorandum, "Officers selected for rated duties from the UFT board may receive short-notice assignments and/or training as early as March 2024." So, if we get assignments for Feb, it's officially confirmed, they hate us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Musicman4 said:

Per the memorandum, "Officers selected for rated duties from the UFT board may receive short-notice assignments and/or training as early as March 2024." So, if we get assignments for Feb, it's officially confirmed, they hate us. 

True. And last year, the list was released 2 or 3 weeks earlier.

Congrats to everyone who got selected, I recognize a lot of names from last year!!! I'm so happy for yall! To those who didn't get the news they wanted, keep pushing and never take no for an answer! Y'all got this!! 

I was selected for UPT on the last board and after starting class in Sept, I finally had my T6 dollar ride this past week. All I could think the entire time was "this was so so so worth everything it took to get here. All the effort for the board, all the anxiety of waiting, literally whatever it took to get to this moment here was worth it." 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about UPT or Columbus! Congrats!! 

Edited by nolifepilot
  • Like 7

CSO select here, 98 pilot/99 nav/91 pcsm/21+ flt hrs no PPL, and fairly strong job performance imo for only being in a couple years.

Not gonna lie I’m a little bummed I didn’t get pilot but I’m going to take it and see where it goes! Who knows what it’ll lead to. See y’all in Pensacola!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nolifepilot said:

Congrats to everyone who got selected, I recognize a lot of names from last year!!! I'm so happy for yall! To those who didn't get the news they wanted, keep pushing and never take no for an answer! Y'all got this!! 

I was selected for UPT on the last board and after starting class in Sept, I finally had my T6 dollar ride this past week. All I could think the entire time was "this was so so so worth everything it took to get here. All the effort for the board, all the anxiety of waiting, literally whatever it took to get to this moment here was worth it." 

Feel free to message me if you have any questions about UPT or Columbus! Congrats!! 

37th or 41st?

Congrats on the dollar ride and good luck. I was in your shoes last year and thought the same thing. Well worth all the stress from just applying to everything thrown at you during upt.

Anyone had any luck pulling up the statistics? I was just curious about the stats, but the link appears to be dead.

Also has anyone for UPT had any success in the EFMP hack to see their training base? I tired earlier but no luck.

3 hours ago, simsans said:

Anyone had any luck pulling up the statistics? I was just curious about the stats, but the link appears to be dead.

Also has anyone for UPT had any success in the EFMP hack to see their training base? I tired earlier but no luck.

I think the person who posted it messed up the link.

It won't work yet. You're still within the 7 days to decline period so assignments won't even begin to get loaded until after that.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:57 AM, Dash1isoptional said:

Only if declining!

Follow on to this question. I’m an alternate (I know, I know… pretty unlikely I’ll get a slot for this year this way)

main concern tho is that I’m on leave and don’t have access to email for the next 10 days. If I do happen to get picked up as an alternate, would they notify only via email or would they tell my squadron CC who would then call me? 

12 hours ago, Byo_airplaneparty said:

Follow on to this question. I’m an alternate (I know, I know… pretty unlikely I’ll get a slot for this year this way)

main concern tho is that I’m on leave and don’t have access to email for the next 10 days. If I do happen to get picked up as an alternate, would they notify only via email or would they tell my squadron CC who would then call me? 

Probably email. I'd say just buy a CAC reader for your personal computer if you're concerned about it. 

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 8:10 PM, Arkbird said:

37th or 41st?

Congrats on the dollar ride and good luck. I was in your shoes last year and thought the same thing. Well worth all the stress from just applying to everything thrown at you during upt.

37th! There've been some not too chill times like early wakeups and late days, but I have genuinely enjoyed every single moment of it and even sitting in a class where I'm about to fall asleep and bored out of my mind I'm still like "damn this is the coolest thing ever."

For SA purposes for y'all, I was prior RPA and already had a medical clearance and a PPL so I wasn't required to go back for anymore medical testing or to IFT again.  If anyone has questions about URT feel free to reach out. Last year I found out my RNTLD and base 30 Jan which was about two weeks after we heard the selection results. I originally had a RNLTD of 6 May to Columbus with a 6 Jun class start date. I worked as the person who sent out RIPs to people as my casual job, and at least at Columbus, all of our RNTLDs were exactly one month prior to the projected start date. I moved my PCS date up to 1 April because I wanted to escape my last base as quickly as possible and so I got to Columbus 6 Apr.

Once I got to CAFB, I was given about a month without any type of casual job to get settled and in-processed. During this time, my only responsibility was to go in and sign a piece of paper at 0800 on Tuesdays. After that month, I started my casual job of working as a transition manager which are the people that in-process all the students who get to base. It was super chill, our schedule was to work 2-3 days a week for a 4 hr shift. For a casual job, you could be a TM like me, or do anything else the base needed like being a sqdn/group/wing exec, working SF, doing drug tests, being a scheduler in a flight room, working the pharmacy, etc, it all depended on manning numbers when you arrived. If you showed up and told the trans flt/cc that you had a casual job in mind then they normally put you in that role. People that showed up with either a class start date or IFT within a month generally didn't get casual jobs since they wouldn't have the time to get spun up/spun down before they left. Most casual jobs let their people go 1 month prior to start dates so you just kind of hang out, and then class activities start 10-days out before your class date.

My 6 June class start date got moved back to 11 Sep but I think these days people's dates are generally staying the same and not moving. We were in preflight (academics and sims) from 11 Sep to 13 Dec during which you generally have classes and sims most days out of the week. The schedule isn't terrible at all, we'd have maybe 3-4 hrs of class 3/5 days a week and a sim 2-3 days a week as well. When you didn't have a class or a sim, you were free to do whatever you wanted and be wherever you wanted. I did most of my CBTs from at home plopped on my couch. It's very self-paced and self-guided but the sim IPs and classmates are always available if you need them.

I've heard one thing that differed CAFB from the other UPT bases was that as soon as you finished preflight you hit the flightline, i.e. the class ahead of me finished preflight and then the next day had their dollar rides. Because the flightline was so backed up though, my class finished preflight and then had 6 weeks of nothing before we had our dollar rides. But the class behind me only had a few days, so it apparently is really dependent on your squadron and how backed up the flightline is. Now that we're on the flightline, we're on formal release and have been told to expect to be on formal until at least we all pass our trans check which I think is a month or 2? With formal, expect to be in the flightroom for 12 hrs a day before getting released. This past week our schedule was 0530-1730. I never thought I'd say it but those 12 hrs go by fast. We're flying normally 3 times a week and have a USEM event (emergency procedures standup, shotgun questions for the room, classes, etc) generally every day. We have a pretty generous "be able to get back within 15 mins" so we're cleared to go to the gym, study elsewhere, lunch, etc as long as you're able to get back quickly. Again, this stuff is all pretty CAFB and sqdn dependent, but I know that when I was in y'all's shoes last year I was hungry for every bit of info I could get my hands on.

Edited by nolifepilot
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nolifepilot said:

37th! There've been some not too chill times like early wakeups and late days, but I have genuinely enjoyed every single moment of it and even sitting in a class where I'm about to fall asleep and bored out of my mind I'm still like "damn this is the coolest thing ever."

For SA purposes for y'all, I was prior RPA and already had a medical clearance and a PPL so I wasn't required to go back for anymore medical testing or to IFT again.  If anyone has questions about URT feel free to reach out. Last year I found out my RNTLD and base 30 Jan which was about two weeks after we heard the selection results. I originally had a RNLTD of 6 May to Columbus with a 6 Jun class start date. I worked as the person who sent out RIPs to people as my casual job, and at least at Columbus, all of our RNTLDs were exactly one month prior to the projected start date. I moved my PCS date up to 1 April because I wanted to escape my last base as quickly as possible and so I got to Columbus 6 Apr.

Once I got to CAFB, I was given about a month without any type of casual job to get settled and in-processed. During this time, my only responsibility was to go in and sign a piece of paper at 0800 on Tuesdays. After that month, I started my casual job of working as a transition manager which are the people that in-process all the students who get to base. It was super chill, our schedule was to work 2-3 days a week for a 4 hr shift. For a casual job, you could be a TM like me, or do anything else the base needed like being a sqdn/group/wing exec, working SF, doing drug tests, being a scheduler in a flight room, working the pharmacy, etc, it all depended on manning numbers when you arrived. If you showed up and told the trans flt/cc that you had a casual job in mind then they normally put you in that role. People that showed up with either a class start date or IFT within a month generally didn't get casual jobs since they wouldn't have the time to get spun up/spun down before they left. Most casual jobs let their people go 1 month prior to start dates so you just kind of hang out, and then class activities start 10-days out before your class date.

My 6 June class start date got moved back to 11 Sep but I think these days people's dates are generally staying the same and not moving. We were in preflight (academics and sims) from 11 Sep to 13 Dec during which you generally have classes and sims most days out of the week. The schedule isn't terrible at all, we'd have maybe 3-4 hrs of class 3/5 days a week and a sim 2-3 days a week as well. When you didn't have a class or a sim, you were free to do whatever you wanted and be wherever you wanted. I did most of my CBTs from at home plopped on my couch. It's very self-paced and self-guided but the sim IPs and classmates are always available if you need them.

I've heard one thing that differed CAFB from the other UPT bases was that as soon as you finished preflight you hit the flightline, i.e. the class ahead of me finished preflight and then the next day had their dollar rides. Because the flightline was so backed up though, my class finished preflight and then had 6 weeks of nothing before we had our dollar rides. But the class behind me only had a few days, so it apparently is really dependent on your squadron and how backed up the flightline is. Now that we're on the flightline, we're on formal release and have been told to expect to be on formal until at least we all pass our trans check which I think is a month or 2? With formal, expect to be in the flightroom for 12 hrs a day before getting released. This past week our schedule was 0530-1730. I never thought I'd say it but those 12 hrs go by fast. We're flying normally 3 times a week and have a USEM event (emergency procedures standup, shotgun questions for the room, classes, etc) generally every day. We have a pretty generous "be able to get back within 15 mins" so we're cleared to go to the gym, study elsewhere, lunch, etc as long as you're able to get back quickly. Again, this stuff is all pretty CAFB and sqdn dependent, but I know that when I was in y'all's shoes last year I was hungry for every bit of info I could get my hands on.

That's fantastic info. Thanks brotha. We appreciate you. 

3 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

Ayyy I know who you are and you know who I am. We both have a mutual friend who has been tdy in Japan for the last several months. Hit me up if you have any questions about anything. I'm guessing you're in trans now on the new syllabus? I'm out at Altus right now but I'll be back in April. 

8 hours ago, cantgh said:

For confirmation, if your IFC1 isn't expiring until late 2025, should I still expect to go to Wright-Pat for another medical screening? I have heard different things.

I thought everyone had to go to wright pat to finalize the FC1 unless you already went previously. I never went when I got picked for RPAs a few years ago and my new physical says cleared FC1 pending successful completion of MFS

20 minutes ago, URTSelect 19 said:

I thought everyone had to go to wright pat to finalize the FC1 unless you already went previously. I never went when I got picked for RPAs a few years ago and my new physical says cleared FC1 pending successful completion of MFS

Regarding UCT, my buddy currently there for training said they never had to go to Wright-Pat for the flight physical. 

Mine says Pending completion of MFS as well, but I know someone at ENJJPT who said they only had to go because the physical was expiring, but the DD2992 says cleared for flight duty on it and so does the 2808 except for the stamp that says pending MFS

...who knows

I saw the UFT statistics were added to include FY24 (i may have missed that last week, as I was distracted by the board results) but when I click it, it states I don't have access... same goes for the "FY24 UFT Board Results" link above it (that was accessible last week.) Anyone else having this issue? (via AF Portal)

20240206_135235.jpg

6 hours ago, cantgh said:

Mine says Pending completion of MFS as well, but I know someone at ENJJPT who said they only had to go because the physical was expiring, but the DD2992 says cleared for flight duty on it and so does the 2808 except for the stamp that says pending MFS

...who knows

Basically, if you're a pilot or RPA select. You'll go to MFS unless you've already gone before. Your IFC should be stamped approved or stamped approved pending MFS. If it says the latter, you're going TDY to Wright Patt to get your eyes looked at. 

2 hours ago, flyguyinthesky said:

@Wx2Flt I’m getting the same thing when I click any of the links on the page, not just the stats

edit: I also checked the mil book page and stats aren’t on there either.

If you look below the links, the question was asked. If you want the stats, email the UFT Board (email offered in the response on the portal). They sent the stats in about 5min

• Like 1