ACTIVE PSDM 23-54: 2024 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Recaged

UPT Alternate

83 PCSM/78 AFOQT pilot/PPL

Anyone know what it means to be an alternate? Do alternates ever get picked up?

Ā 

EDIT: Got a call from my cc earlier to confirm and it seems like thereā€™s about 25 alternates selectedĀ 

Edited by Byo_airplaneparty

1 hour ago, Byo_airplaneparty said:

UPT Alternate šŸ˜•

If someone gets medically DQā€™d or something of that nature and a spot opens up, youā€™re one of the folks with first dibsĀ 

UCT select, not sure yet if I want to take it

84 PCSM/97 AFOQT Pilot/PPL

I was offered ABM on the last board, declined for a shot at a UPT slot.

If I decline this one I'd be ineligible for the next board. Does anyone know if there are waivers for applying to the board a third time?

1 hour ago, LeeLue said:

If someone gets medically DQā€™d or something of that nature and a spot opens up, youā€™re one of the folks with first dibsĀ 

Copy. Do many alternates end up getting selected? I feel like Iā€™ve read quite a lot of people from past years that applied, got alternate, but never got picked up. If thereā€™s 30 alternates, realistically how many will end up going?Ā 

31 minutes ago, Byo_airplaneparty said:

Copy. Do many alternates end up getting selected? I feel like Iā€™ve read quite a lot of people from past years that applied, got alternate, but never got picked up. If thereā€™s 30 alternates, realistically how many will end up going?Ā 

It varies from what I've heard. I was an alternate last year and got a helo only pilot slot offer directly from AFPC. I declined to apply again for this year but nonetheless I would assume there are a few alternate pickups every year

Just notified by my CC. Ā ENJJPT SELECT!! I really hope some of you that havenā€™t heard or wonā€™t hear prior to the public release see your names on the list!

99P/96 PCSM/ PPLĀ 
Ā 

Cheers šŸ»Ā 

Edited by Nightmare2773
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Byo_airplaneparty said:

UPT Alternate

Ā 

EDIT: Got a call from my cc earlier to confirm and it seems like thereā€™s about 25 alternates selectedĀ 

I was an alternate last year. I emailed the AFPC board asking about how it works and they weren't clear in their answer but it sounded like alternates are for anybody that initially rejects their selection, not for anyone medically disqualified later on, although I've heard word of mouth otherwise. Maybe someone with better data can chime in.

I replied asking how I could make my application stronger, waited, and was selected this year. So don't be discouraged, just be patient and keep working hard. If you want, DM me and I can pass more helpful info.Ā 

Edited by goboldtigers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1