UPT to UCT

Anyone have any info on what UCT is like and more specifically what being a CSO on the C-130 entails? I was recently eliminated from UPT (didn't pass formation in the T-6) but I am being recommended for CSO and considering finding a reserve unit to sponsor me. Are there reserve fighter units that higher back seaters? Any info would be helpful!

5 hours ago, OptFire said:

reserve fighter units that higher back seaters

Not in the manner you describe.

Do your research on the MC-12 and the specialized Herk units out there (HC, EC, WC). Your easiest option is to get on with a C-130H Reserve or Guard unit, in which case being a nav entails doing pretty much nothing for officer pay.

Edited by Bobsan
clarity

5 hours ago, OptFire said:

Anyone have any info on what UCT is like and more specifically what being a CSO on the C-130 entails? I was recently eliminated from UPT (didn't pass formation in the T-6) but I am being recommended for CSO and considering finding a reserve unit to sponsor me. Are there reserve fighter units that higher back seaters? Any info would be helpful!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune at UPT, and correct me if I’m wrong, but can’t you just walk away at this point-no commitments? I’m sure you are plenty disappointed and feel you’d still like to serve somewhere. However, there is no greater dead end street than a C-130H Nav.  It’s like being a VHS tape player salesman or something. The H’s are going away as fast as Lockheed can spit out J’s and all the Navs are trying to get their civilian ratings and get to an airline. If I were in your shoes, and Uncle Sam was cutting me loose, I’d go get civilian flight training and race your buds from UPT right to the same job at Delta, or whatever. Best of luck. 

Edited by O Face
Spellcheck
  • Upvote 3

On 9/19/2022 at 5:12 PM, OptFire said:

Were you in upt through the ANG or Active Duty?