2023 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Jam

On 1/31/2023 at 11:31 AM, cheraypaja said:

Hopefully this won’t affect UPT assignments…

B5559CF7-DD8C-4FBD-9ADB-1982C888F2C0.png

Just got this automated email from MyVector.  The info you got shouldn't affect UPT assignments.

Screenshot_20230201-135644.png

Edited by Elaroh
Clarity
  • Like 1

I emailed the board and asked them how the PCS orders thing would affect UPT dates and assignments. This is the response I got back:

I asked this very question this morning and was told that any PCS budget actions would not affect UPT assignments.  For anyone who has not currently received an assignent, they probably won't receive their assignment for another month or two. You can pass along that our schedulers are trying to get everyone's training loaded by the end of Feb so we should have some more fidelity on their training classes then.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nolifepilot said:

I emailed the board and asked them how the PCS orders thing would affect UPT dates and assignments. This is the response I got back:

Dang, I’m hoping if my assignment is gunna take another 2 months to come through that it’s not also a May RNLTD 😅

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, AlexLM12 said:

Just used the EFMP trick in vMPF to find out I'm going to Columbus, if anyone else wants to try. 

No orders yet, but still great to know. 

Thanks for the heads up!

Just checked mine; looks like I'm headed to Vance.  I'll take this with a grain of salt until I get a RIP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Saint said:

Nada today.

For those of you who know where you're headed, how does that align with the order you ranked the bases?

Columbus was my #1! I've got my orders already and I'm PCS'ing from my current base on 1 Apr. I have a 6 May RNLTD with a 6 Jun class date. The other guy in my sqdn that got picked up got Laughlin (his #1) with the same PDD, RNLTD, and class date as I have.

I talked with the Transition flight folk at Columbus and they said that even though AFPC told me I'm in the 6 Jun class, I'm not currently on that class's roster and it's pretty common to sit and wait at least a few months as your class date will keep getting delayed since they're pretty backed up. For Columbus, they said the first month you arrive they let you get settled and then after that you'll be assigned a casual job where you'll work about 4 hrs a day. My dream of being a casual captain is coming true 🥰

Edited by nolifepilot
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

Columbus was my #1! I've got my orders already and I'm PCS'ing from my current base on 1 Apr. I have a 6 May RNLTD with a 6 Jun class date. The other guy in my sqdn that got picked up got Laughlin (his #1) with the same PDD, RNLTD, and class date as I have.

I talked with the Transition flight folk at Columbus and they said that even though AFPC told me I'm in the 6 Jun class, I'm not currently on that class's roster and it's pretty common to sit and wait at least a few months as your class date will keep getting delayed since they're pretty backed up. For Columbus, they said the first month you arrive they let you get settled and then after that you'll be assigned a casual job where you'll work about 4 hrs a day. My dream of being a casual captain is coming true 🥰

Great data! That’s awesome they give you a whole month to “get settled”. The job I excelled most at was casual Lt so I’m pretty stocked to join you in captain casual. 

My guess is I’ll be heading there anywhere from Aug to Nov 

you have a PPL I’m guessing? I still have IFT

3 hours ago, nolifepilot said:

I have the exact same dates as you at Columbus. Wondering if you could DM me the contact info for the person you talked to in the transition flight or if you know anything about the leave policy while on casual status?

For all of you headed to UPT this year, and the hopefuls who will crush next year's app and want to prepare early, check out this UPT IP's YouTube channel for content straight from the syllabus and instructor. If you checkout one thing on this channel, at least have it be the link to the UPT 2.5 training briefings. Or direct link to Google drive.

See you guys in the skies.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, informant said:

For all of you headed to UPT this year, and the hopefuls who will crush next year's app and want to prepare early, check out this UPT IP's YouTube channel for content straight from the syllabus and instructor. If you checkout one thing on this channel, at least have it be the link to the UPT 2.5 training briefings. Or direct link to Google drive.

See you guys in the skies.

Great links, thanks for sharing!

On another note, has anyone received more info?  The EFMP trick isn't working, and there's nothing new on my SURF or CDB.  I reached out to AFPC about a week ago, but still no response.  I'm in a pretty short-staffed position, and my international supervisor is getting antsy about scheduling me for exercises this spring.  It's hard to commit to anything without at least a rough idea of what my IFT/PCS dates are.

9 hours ago, Saint said:

Great links, thanks for sharing!

On another note, has anyone received more info?  The EFMP trick isn't working, and there's nothing new on my SURF or CDB.  I reached out to AFPC about a week ago, but still no response.  I'm in a pretty short-staffed position, and my international supervisor is getting antsy about scheduling me for exercises this spring.  It's hard to commit to anything without at least a rough idea of what my IFT/PCS dates are.

I heard they try to prioritize those exiting the age window or coming up on DEROS.  

I got the auto-generated Notification of Assignment this weekend.  RNLTD mid-July.  I'd say it's unreasonable of them to expect you to move with less than 3-4 mos notice, so I'd assume you're safe to plan Spring exercise (until June-ish at least).

3 hours ago, Elaroh said:

I heard they try to prioritize those exiting the age window or coming up on DEROS.  

I got the auto-generated Notification of Assignment this weekend.  RNLTD mid-July.  I'd say it's unreasonable of them to expect you to move with less than 3-4 mos notice, so I'd assume you're safe to plan Spring exercise (until June-ish at least).

I'm exiting the age window AND my DEROS are both late spring, haha.

On 2/16/2023 at 1:20 PM, cheraypaja said:

I have the exact same dates as you at Columbus. Wondering if you could DM me the contact info for the person you talked to in the transition flight or if you know anything about the leave policy while on casual status?

https://www.columbus.af.mil/New-Students/

This site has a welcome packet that has numbers and contact info in it, super useful info regarding UPT and IFT and everything to get you situated and ready! I called the Transition Office (the people that'll be responsible for you while you await UPT). Their number is (662) 434-7618. I attached the portion of the welcome packet that deals with leave, casual seems like it's gonna be a super chill time tbh image.png.cdad0f29c8185b60677fac514da167d7.png