C-21 question

Guest gtyj98

Guest gtyj98

To any C-21 person out there, couple questions:

how many pilots and jets are they having in the new "super squadrons"?

have the flow of copilots slowed down after the recent upload to the remaining squadrons?

There were originally 84 C-21's purchased in 1984-85. Ramstein has 13 jets, and we were considered a pretty big squadron (we also had C-20's and a DV C-9). Andrews I think has 13 jets also, and they are pretty much the model for stateside units. At Ramstein we had about 45 pilots, and with all the wing jobs the squadron did it was way too few because of the alerts that we had all the time. When I left there was a manning study being done to increase authorized numbers. We were under USAFE though, so AMC may have a different ratio.

Hope this helps:

Most of the C21 squadrons have around 13 jets...ours is the newest squadron (Peterson) and we have 9 jets right now, about to get the 10th at the end of the summer. As far as pilots go, we have about 45 pilots.

The copilot situation: we have seen a decrease in the amount of copilots entering the unit. I think its mainly because we're almost fully manned for the squadron level. We have a few guys nearing the end of their tour, so I figure we'll be getting a few new folks coming in soon.