Logbook Questions

Guest kirkhac

Here's a Jepp Pro spreadsheet. It totals and prints just like the Jepp Logbook (totals per page, totals forwarded, totals to date). It doesn't do the fancy totaling and filtering like Logbook Pro, but then again, it's free. (It's a .zip file because you can't upload .xls files.)

JEPP_LOGBOOK.zip

Why wouldn't you be able to log your UPT time if you're an appropriately rated pilot (FAA)?

You don't need to be rated to log hours. How do you think FAA student pilots become certificated pilots?? Gotta start somewhere.

You can log every minute you fly in SUPT...you just have to be careful how you log PIC time there. Where you have to be careful is later on down the road when it's time to use your logbook to apply for an airline job, where the airlines will want you to only count PIC when you were the one who actually signed for the aircraft. That pretty much means that all your SUPT time is just going to count as total time.

Here's a Jepp Pro spreadsheet. It totals and prints just like the Jepp Logbook (totals per page, totals forwarded, totals to date). It doesn't do the fancy totaling and filtering like Logbook Pro, but then again, it's free. (It's a .zip file because you can't upload .xls files.)

Good stuff, thank you!

I got logbook pro for Christmas two years ago, and had my data entry clerk (wife) input over 6000 hours of flying time. The result is incredible, and like Hacker says you can back it up eight ways till Tuesday and write as much as you want. There are two caveats to LP. First, the software has some flaws, secondly, the only customer support they provide is an internet BB. He's good about getting back to you, but I like the phone.

The leather binder was WAY overpriced, but I used it last year to get hired at Continental. (I interviewed at Southwest with the paper logbooks. Mine were a collection of binders containing each aircraft logsheet from every professional flight I had ever done. Great stuff, but way too many of them. About twenty pounds worth. While I don't know if that's what cost me the job, they didn't help.)

Interviewers love logbook pro.

The aircraft summary pages are great.

Guest nunya

I have the LP Standard. I don't need the capabilities of the Professional version. Unless you're flying 121/135, I don't think you'll miss the Pro upgrades.