Confused...

Guest mlc4u21

It is alittle strange that recently alot 15-16 years have been posting on here the same questions lately. It just got me wondering personally.

Maybe I should put civilian pilot in my profile though so it is not mistaken that I am claiming to be a military pilot already.

My bad, I suck

Originally posted by KC135GuardPilot:

But you holier than though "Learn how to spell" "your english sucks" "Nice punctuation" academy types who really care and have no sympathy for a young guy who comes in here asking great questions...I have nothing for you. Or better yet...I GOT NOTHIN' FER YA.

So, burn me for that. As for Jaspt1, good questions. If you cant get a straight answer without getting flamed, PM me, ill be glad to help you out.

Oh, don't be silly. I gave him a straight, inciteful answer before I commented on his English. He came looking for advice, so I gave him some that I thought would help and I stand by all of it. It's important to at least SOUND intelligent. And really, do you think a 16 year old kid can post here with marginal English and an e-mail of "gheystuff@yahoo.com" and NOT be flamed? That DESERVES flaming (not that I did any), and it's that which makes people better sometimes (i.e. a new e-mail address and better Engrish). Anyway, that's it. I was helping the young lad. Academy? Huh?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SnakeT38
Originally posted by Wxpunk:

If your sole objective is to fly for the airlines, you need to go to Embry-Riddle or some other flight school. If you want to serve your country, join the Air Force.

Don't take advantage of the taxpayers' money just to jumpstart your career.

------------

Wxpunk

And why not............"They" use that VERY SLOGAN to recruit in every other job in the military.

You honestly think a "budding" ortho surgeon

has "designs" on a 30 year AD career when he comes

out with 200K in loans? He wants his loans paid off........there are several ways it is done.....everyday. The 44 year old surgeon that just did my shoulder makes 5 mil a year.....

I think it will be awhile before the "med bonus" catches up.

You want to be an airline pilot one day? A GREAT PLACE TO START IS UPT............You do your commitment.........you have "paid" your dues...

you owe NO MORE.

Guest Wxpunk

Okay. KYANG, along with most other ANG units, asks why you want to get a pilot slot with their unit. If you were to say, "I want to be an airline pilot and I've been told this is the best and least expensive way to do so," how much longer do you think that interview will go on?

Also, the surgeon analogy is a bad one. Surgeons, along with other MD's, are in very high demand and very low supply with regard to the military. Our demand for pilots is moderate with an extremely high supply.

----------

Wxpunk

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by Wxpunk:

Okay. KYANG, along with most other ANG units, asks why you want to get a pilot slot with their unit. If you were to say, "I want to be an airline pilot and I've been told this is the best and least expensive way to do so," how much longer do you think that interview will go on?

Also, the surgeon analogy is a bad one. Surgeons, along with other MD's, are in very high demand and very low supply with regard to the military. Our demand for pilots is moderate with an extremely high supply.

----------

Wxpunk

I agree, bad form if you only join as a "jump start" to the airlines. Sorry, call it what you want, but IMHO that's not the best reason to join. If you want to eventually end up in the airlines, cool, but if your sole purpose is to get into the airlines, lame.

Again, just my opinion.

Guest Rainman A-10

I thought I wanted to be an airline pilot when I was a little boy. I changed my mind the first day I flew a military airplane.

I laugh now when I think back. I just thought it would be cool. I thought airlone pilots made a lot of maney and never had to work and were set for life. I didn't know any better.

It's OK to have idealistic goals when you're a kid.