Hardship Separation

Duck

Dudes, anyone have any experience or advice on applying for hardship separation? I know it starts in vMPF just like any other separation app, but outside of that the afi doesn't really give info on who it gets routed to after your Wg/CC, approval time, who you need to payoff etc...

Any insight or advice would be appreciated. I can provide more info on my specific situation if required.

Thanks in advance.

Duck

Good luck Duck with whatever it is.  I won't ask for specifics because I don't have answers.  I will say that one of our folks was recently successful in a very early palace chase for hardship.  I don't know if the individual even tried the separation path though.

• Upvote 1

Duck...

1. You click submit.

2. It gets routed through your SQ/CC, GP/CC, WG/CC, and Functional... They all have an opportunity to "recommend approval/disapproval"... But no matter which they do, it'll keep going.

3. It goes to the SAFPC (SecAF Personnel Council)... They approve/disapprove it.

Timetable may vary. My single data point:

Approx 5 weeks from submit to approval... No clue if that's standard or not.

• Upvote 1

That's interesting that it goes through functional seeing as how the AFI states that AF manning or operational necessity will not be taken into consideration! Gotta love the AF. My Palace Chase was denied even though my functional stated we were 108% manned. He recommended disapproval. Hopefully this time is better. Thanks for the info Busted!