Force Shaping Board Criteria (non-VSP/RIF/TERA)

Jason5566

Long time reader, first time poster. I'm a non-flyer and will be facing the force shaping board in July. Does anyone with experience with these types of things (firing mass amounts of young captains/Lts....smh) have any idea what factors the board will weigh most heavily when they decide whom to cut?

I've done all the qeep (masters/SOS correspondence) and stratted well at the squadron, but there are only three of us in the group and the other two strat higher than me (lots of group/wing-level awards). Curious if I should see the writing on the wall and turn down this short tour assignment that just dropped in my inbox....

Have you tried asking your supervisor/senior O-6 or any FGOs in your office that you can trust? You have some legit concerns about your future and your supervisor/commander *NEED* to give you that career feedback and address your concerns. They probably understand your specific situation better than anyone else on this board, not to mention it's their job.

The best advice I was given was that it's all about luck and timing. Getting forced shaped from the AF does not say anything about your ability as an officer/leader/worker. Don't think you've done something wrong or you are not good enough if you got selected to be force shaped. It's all about luck and timing.

If you want to make it a career then just roll with it and see what happens. If you are ready to get out then just decline the short tour. Regardless of the situation always have a back up plan.

I hope this helps.

That's great advice above. Also realize that 90% of the time what the Air Force does, doesn't make any sense at all.