Live near Austin? Check this out...

kdwntwn

(This last post was deleted. I figured it might be interesting though to many people who live in central Texas and are on the forums, so I'm going to try again. Feel free to move to another location on the board if its more appropriate.)

Last year we started a group called Disruptive Thinkers - ATX to build cross talk between vets, active duty military and civilians. It's a group that meets regularly in Austin with attendance by many vets, local tech leaders along with some Air Force folks who make the drive from San Antonio. We also attract some from Camp Mabry and Ft. Hood. On Monday, Feb 3rd, we are hosting Col (ret) 'Shark' Garland, the former commandant of USAF Weapons School.

Here are the details and a link to our Facebook invite if you are interested in attending. It's a great group to network and meet other people who have a passion for creative solutions to challenging issues. It's especially worthwhile if you are transitioning and looking to settle in the Austin area.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

------------------

Event details:

How do you break through bureaucracy when something just 'needs to get done'? We'll welcome retired Air Force Col. Robert "Shark" Garland, former commandant of the USAF Weapons School, as he shares stories of how they rapidly innovated to stay ahead of the latest trends in stressful combat environments. Then we'll also hear ways that successful entrepreneurs have busted barriers to make great ideas reality.

Meeting starts promptly at 6 with a brain buster. A bite to eat and beers afterwards. Come meet people, network and learn something new!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1390320454555736/

Shark is good shit, should be quite enjoyable. He did good work as the boss at the WIC during a very dismal time, and made some huge gains in the process. I wish he had stayed active duty, but he's a great family man, and I respect his decision to pasture-out in Texas!

Cheers -

Chuck