FC1 med records/insurance

anonymous1

When going for your FC1 prior to UPT, I'm sure they request all medical records. Do they pretty much leave it to you to bring everything? Or do they take your insurance information and obtain the medical insurance history, then request records based on that? Just wondering if insurance history is involved in the process at all. Thanks!

You're overthinking this. They don't pull your medical records independently, however it is a good idea to have everything with you because:

• You can provide documentation immediately if they discover a potentially disqualifying condition, potentially rapidly speeding the waiver processing
  • You centralize your own medical records which allows future medical care to have a more complete picture of your medical history. This will make for easy record keeping if you retire and go through the VA for any disability claim.

However most pilot applicants would consider this a bad idea as your essentially giving medical possible ammo to disqualify you. Choice is up to you--if you think you have a DQ'ing condition, you might get advice on here, but you really can't count on it.

I recommend you just give everything you have, but I'm me and not you.

Read here for some great info on the whole process:

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet_print.asp?fsID=20352&page=1

Edited by deaddebate
added link

• 3 weeks later...

When going for your FC1 prior to UPT, I'm sure they request all medical records. Do they pretty much leave it to you to bring everything? Or do they take your insurance information and obtain the medical insurance history, then request records based on that? Just wondering if insurance history is involved in the process at all. Thanks!

I've been debating the same thing I'm sure....I have a back condition that requires a waiver, original flight doc "missed" it even after I posed a question about it. That being said I'm now going to MFS with the thought that I will need a waiver (luckily it shouldn't be a problem, considering I've never had pain associated with it).

I will tell you my thoughts and you can make a decision:

Yes you can take out the medical records so they won't see it, and yes you might be able to fly...but if they catch you and know you falsified the records I'm guessing your AF career is over. Secondly the way Tricare tries to get out of every bill, my guess would be that if you ever required medical help with an associated problem they will likely try not to cover it, saying that you are at fault for not disclosing it originally.

In the long run I don't think it's worth it. If it's meant to be it will happen.

Yes you can take out the medical records so they won't see it, and yes you might be able to fly...but if they catch you and know you falsified the records I'm guessing your AF career is over. Secondly the way Tricare tries to get out of every bill, my guess would be that if you ever required medical help with an associated problem they will likely try not to cover it, saying that you are at fault for not disclosing it originally.
Meh, we're not detectives, just medics. You are just ruining your chances if the condition could create an In-Flight Emergency if you can't fully and competently perform your duties. That would make for a very interesting court-martial. But if you omit something, the chances of Tricare not covering care cost is insignificant--but this should be a far second to potentially getting court-martialed because you broke a multi-million dollar assett.
In the long run I don't think it's worth it. If it's meant to be it will happen.
This.