FCIIU dental qiestion

HiFlyer

Had a kid ask me a question about dental req'ts. Recent OTS rated board select for RPA pilot. He has four lower back teeth broken off to the roots, non-restorable, but not painful or any observed decay. Will he pass the dental exam, or will they require him to have them pulled to eliminate the roots? I know cavities require fixing before they'll pass you, but I don't know about teeth that are simply broken to the gum line.

He has four lower back teeth broken off to the roots, non-restorable, but not painful or any observed decay. Will he pass the dental exam, or will they require him to have them pulled to eliminate the roots? I know cavities require fixing before they'll pass you, but I don't know about teeth that are simply broken to the gum line.

I have no idea.

But, damn. Four back teeth broken off to the roots? Gotta be a good story behind that.....

Had a kid ask me a question about dental req'ts. Recent OTS rated board select for RPA pilot. He has four lower back teeth broken off to the roots, non-restorable, but not painful or any observed decay. Will he pass the dental exam, or will they require him to have them pulled to eliminate the roots? I know cavities require fixing before they'll pass you, but I don't know about teeth that are simply broken to the gum line.
This is another question that is probably unanswerable in this format. The criteria he's trying to meet is to not "have oral conditions that the examining dentist expects to result in dental emergencies within 12 months (if not treated)." We don't have any way of examining medical/dental records, nor are we qualified dentists.

This is another question that is probably unanswerable in this format. The criteria he's trying to meet is to not "have oral conditions that the examining dentist expects to result in dental emergencies within 12 months (if not treated)." We don't have any way of examining medical/dental records, nor are we qualified dentists.

Well, that's for the input anyway. He'll just have to see what the dentist says, which is an answer by itself.