Guard ABM to Active Duty

AFEAGLE09

Is it possible to go from the ANG as an Air Battle Manager to Active Duty Air Force?

I know AD Air Force has something called the prior service program, but does it work the same for Officers also?

Any recruiters or with knowledge thereof can shed light on this?

Short answer is yes but not very likely. Most folks that I know are 13Bs are moving the other direction from AD to either EADS, WADS, or Alaska. With the imminent closure of two of five AD CRCs I'd say your chances of finding an AD position are fairly limited. Most of those bodies will flow to fill pre existing shortfalls in the other three AD CRCs. Not the best time to try to get into an AD CRC.

If you're looking to transfer from ANG to AD in JSTARS I can't speak to their manning.

If you want to fly on AWACS then the 970th (Reserves) may be hiring but I wouldn't bet on it. Tinker gets roughly 60% of our graduates so they're not hurting for manning.

If you're AGR then I would stay that route because AD is RIF'ing, VSPing, kicking out folks.

Are you currently in the Guard as an ABM?

Edited for iPhone and tap talk buffoonery.

Edited by abmwaldo

Welcome to the forums. Although I know it can be fun to start new threads, as you've no doubt discovered by starting two different ABM threads in the last day, the usual convention it to work within the existing construct wherever possible. Often the acronym UTFSF is used to help remind folks to read the ROE and execute accordingly. Here's a link to seven pages of ABM info that you might find useful. By replying to that thread with your questions, you will find that people with similar interests will be more likely to answer. Good luck!