16 yr old survives second plane crash

Butters

Austin Hatch in critical condition

Quote from a friend about the first crash that killed his wife and 2 kids (Doctor pilot and his son survived):

A 2005 federal report on the September 2003 crash found inaccurate preflight planning resulted in the plane not having enough fuel. The National Transportation Safety Board determined a utility pole the airplane hit during its forced landing, a low ceiling and dark night also contributed to the crash.

Bojrab said his friend disputed the report's findings, believing equipment failure caused the crash.

"When he crashed, it was an inferno, which makes you wonder how he could have been out of gas," Bojrab said.

Guess this guy never learned what unusable fuel was. The only time it is ever used, is in a post crash fire. Why does the FAA keep giving pilot licenses to Doctors?

Jesus, what a mess for the kid.

Not sure what I'd do if I were in his shoes.... never go near an airplane again, or buy every big-jackpot lottery ticket I could find.

Guess this guy never learned what unusable fuel was. The only time it is ever used, is in a post crash fire.

Most GA airplanes only have a couple gallons unusable, if that. 1-2 gallons of 100LL doesn't cause an inferno... but then again, one man's inferno is another man's campfire.