After FC1 Physical...

edcadore

Greetings,

I was passed my FC1 physical last April. I will commission this May and will be doing the Gold Bar program for a year then off to UPT.

I was cleared for my eyes in the FC1, with the exception I have to wear glasses. However, its either in my head that I now realize I can't see perfect, or my eyesight is getting worst. Will I be able to request PRK/LASIK once AD? Or, am I in the clear if I passed the FC1 and they just waive something?

-Thanks

Guest goducks

Greetings,

I was passed my FC1 physical last April. I will commission this May and will be doing the Gold Bar program for a year then off to UPT.

I was cleared for my eyes in the FC1, with the exception I have to wear glasses. However, its either in my head that I now realize I can't see perfect, or my eyesight is getting worst. Will I be able to request PRK/LASIK once AD? Or, am I in the clear if I passed the FC1 and they just waive something?

-Thanks

This should probably be in the PRK/LASIK thread. If someone smarter than I knows how to move it, feel free.

To answer your question, you should be in the clear. If your eyes have changed and you need to wear glasses it is not disqualifying, rather it is simply a requirement for flight duties. You can get PRK/LASIK as an active duty pilot, however, you can't do it prior to or during UPT. Once you finish UPT you can get it done, but it is sometimes difficult due to the potential for a long DNIF. Plus, you can't get it done (nor would you want to) if your eyes are not stable.