AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

I would hope those few guys leaving July 26th would've been told already. But judging from last board results, the board results came out 3 Dec, and the final updated list of dates came out 27 January. I wouldn't expect to hear anything until the first few weeks of August. Next available class date is Sept 13! I'm praying!

Man, this place has gotten quiet again! I've been trying to track down a post I thought I saw with all the OTS dates. I think I remember it being something like jul 26th, sept 13th....and I think nov 16?...

I wonder if there are any possibilities of waiting thru the first of the year.

Didn't you have your hands on a list that you PMed out to people of board results last time??? Was wondering about some other ppl/unit hires...

Guest navibeav

No info on dates, but I'm told I'll be taking the oath of enlistment the end of the week. I'm a little unclear on what taking the oath signifies for us, we're still civilians until we show up to OTS as an E-5, right?

Guest lbzrider14

No info on dates, but I'm told I'll be taking the oath of enlistment the end of the week. I'm a little unclear on what taking the oath signifies for us, we're still civilians until we show up to OTS as an E-5, right?

I swore in on Friday. You sign all the documents and officially become government property, Staff Sergeant E-5. If you get in trouble with the law, kiss OTS goodbye. You will sign a 6 year enlistment contract that says you are chosen for "NPS/E-5/92T0 Pilot Trainee assigned to XX unit". You stand infront of a flag, raise your right hand, and have an officer read you the oath. You repeat him.

Upon commission you with then sign a new contract.

Guest navibeav

I swore in on Friday. You sign all the documents and officially become government property, Staff Sergeant E-5.

We don't start attending unit UTA and/or receive pay once enlisted, do we? Also, when do we likely get our DOD ID card?

Guest lbzrider14

We don't start attending unit UTA and/or receive pay once enlisted, do we? Also, when do we likely get our DOD ID card?

I don't live anywhere near my unit, so I won't be getting paid and don't plan on going down for UTAs unless the unit wants me there. I most likely will stop by before training tough. I was told if I decided to go down for drill weekends I would get typical pay. No idea on the I'D cards

Guest NCbadger1

I was told by both my recruiter and chief pilot that you don't need to report to your unit until approximately two weeks prior to ots start date, at which time you will be issued uniforms, ID card, get on payroll, etc.

Guest lbzrider14

Has it been officially announced that the new AFRC bi-annual boards are now June/November? I thought the bump to June was a one-time thing to allow more time for WP to catch up on the physicals....

haven't heard anything about it, all I know is the November board has Oct31 deadline.

Is anyone in here part of the list of 6 people that potentially were leaving for July 26th training?

Guest fly4free

Hey all, I am new to this and am looking to any tid bits of advice. Especially where I can apply for sponsors. I know thats a competetive field to be giving advice but I am no rookie to rejection. I just found out that my native base is backed up with applicants since the last board because they were only slotted one seat by afrc. And they sent three applicants. Thanks for your help and congrats to all who have achieved the goal.

Also, I was told that June was only a one time delay due to the new flight medical process that will take place at Wright Patt AFB. In other words the boards should resume to normal.

Guest lbzrider14

Hey all, I am new to this and am looking to any tid bits of advice. Especially where I can apply for sponsors.

There is a full thread devoted to this

So....I had my phone interview today. I have no clue how I did lol....on the other end of the line was pretty much all the leadership (SQ/CC, 5 Lt Col's, Maj, and their CMSgt). Needless to say, that was a bit intimidating. They are all laid back, awesome dudes but because of how bad I wanted this job, I was still freaking out internally..

I feel like I answered all the questions with confidence and clarity....except one...and that is what has me nervous...

Maybe its just me being too critical of myself but I feel like I blew the "million dollar question" which is "this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, why should we pick you"....

I knew this question would be asked so I had jotted down some buzzwords to try and kick start my memory. Running it back over in my head, I don't think it "flowed" like I was intending it to....

They all seemed very happy, excited with the rest of my answers, and overall very impressed with the rest of my info and my availability lines up with when they would need me. The commander seemed very pleased at the end so I really hope that one question didn't nail me...

For the dudes who have been on a board, how much do you hinge your decisions on a big question like that? If you are really impressed with the credentials, like the answers provided (I am assuming/hoping they liked my overall answers), would stumbling on one question cause you to hesitate?

The unit is a family unit, they like to hire for the long haul, and being a prior from their unit, I know they mean it...That's a HUGE reason why I want to fly with them. I guess I am just gonna be bat$#%& crazy until I know the answers one way or another lol....

Guest navibeav

Word I received was that HQ would hopefully begin plugging in dates the end of this week.

I'd guess this is a very difficult/tedious process to line up training for all selectees.

Guest lbzrider14

The training dates are all projected for you guys unless you are still waiting a physical certification or a waiver. Your POC should have them as of Wednesday afternoon, so give them a call.

Would you by chance happen to have the excel document with all the candidates' dates that are in the pipeline? I have the one from the Dec 2010 board and hopefully somebody can get their hands on this today!

Edited by lbzrider14

Guest lbzrider14

I do have the document, but I won't post it and I strongly suggest no one else does either. Just take a deep breath and give a call to your unit POC. They'll have it and fill you in on your dates.

Respectful.. Thanks for the heads up!! POC is in Alaska, damn you timezone difference.