Deregulation going away?

Magellan

AP

When are people going to learn the gov't running everything isn't the answer?

Well, the gov't is already half-regulating the airline industry.

They can't even merge UAL and CAL without wringing their nervous hands, worried that they might raise prices. Hello? How much money are the airlines losing each year?

I'd be willing to be many folks are willing to give deregulation a try. Plus, it should help cut all the attempts at cabotage.

Gov't involvement is problematic, no doubt... but I'm willing to see how it works.

I dont support gov't involvement in many things but they have already prevented the weak airlines from sinking and that has further hurt the industry. deregulation has kept ticket prices down. . at the cost of airlines losing money.

bottom line is airline tickets have to go up in price and the weak swimmers need to drown in order for the industry to turn and regulation could. . .and i stress could facilitate that.

who knows, maybe it will signify the return of hot flight attendants in miniskirts and go-go boots. .

Edited by bagasticks

The only thing that "full" regulation (because it's already heavily regulated) will do is allow the airline with the most lobbying power to sit on the throne of the industry. Legitimate competition in the market place rewards the consumer, no matter what field is being discussed.

The only thing that "full" regulation (because it's already heavily regulated) will do is allow the airline with the most lobbying power to sit on the throne of the industry. Legitimate competition in the market place rewards the consumer, no matter what field is being discussed.