315th AW Charleston, SC

Guest Jayrome

Guest Jayrome

Hey everyone,

I finally have my application package together and I'm ready to send it out. Does anyone have any information on the Reserve squadrons at Charleston AFB? Are they hiring? Any POCs? I'm in Atlanta, furloughed ASA guy, would love to be apart of a Charleston C-17 squadron. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

I finally have my application package together and I'm ready to send it out. Does anyone have any information on the Reserve squadrons at Charleston AFB? Are they hiring? Any POCs? I'm in Atlanta, furloughed ASA guy, would love to be apart of a Charleston C-17 squadron. Thanks.

I think the 315th has been letting folks go, they are a little top heavy from what I've heard. If you aren't already a C-17 guy it is going to be really tough to get into the unit. Especially now that the AF has to let 5000 go. If any C-17 pilots are asked to leave I would suspect they'll be knocking on the 315th's door.

Guest palmettopilot

I dont have any contact info on me right now. I know there are a few guys from Charleston on the boards and there are about 5-6 of us that are waiting for the results of the March AFRC UPT board. As far as hiring, I cant answer if they are or not but I do know that the Chief Pilots desks are packed with UPT hopefuls packages and I have not heard of any of the squadrons holding boards. Itsokimapilot is right the Reserve Squadrons are cutting about 20% of the manpower. Dont take my work for gospel there are much more qualified people to answer that *cough* Gov *cough*

Guest Jayrome

Thanks for the info guys. I remember hearing something about C-17 squads cutting back but I thought it was just a rumor, guess it wasn't. Any advice for someone looking for squadrons that are hiring?

Guest TampicoHeavy

Thanks for the info guys. I remember hearing something about C-17 squads cutting back but I thought it was just a rumor, guess it wasn't. Any advice for someone looking for squadrons that are hiring?

Facetime with the squadron. You local to CHS?

Guest TampicoHeavy

No I'm in ATL.

Thats not too bad... I live in TX and it ended up working out. They'll understand you cant be there all the time, but will appreciate the effort. When alls said and done, face time will do you a lot of good.

Guest Jayrome

Thats not too bad... I live in TX and it ended up working out. They'll understand you cant be there all the time, but will appreciate the effort. When alls said and done, face time will do you a lot of good.

Thanks for the advice but the 315th AW looks like it might be a dead end. I probably need to look elsewhere.

Guest Jayrome

Have you tried Dobbins? Or are you set on the C-17?

I'm definitely not set on any airframe and, if I can believe my recruiter, I should have an interview with Dobbins next month. I've heard that people have had more success by by-passing their recruiter and applying to squadrons on their own.

Guest palmettopilot

Thanks for the advice but the 315th AW looks like it might be a dead end. I probably need to look elsewhere.

dont discount CHS completely, send them your package anyway, call, try to visit over a UTA. If you get an interview, fantastic! if not then keep sending out packages.

Guest tonio

I'm definitely not set on any airframe and, if I can believe my recruiter, I should have an interview with Dobbins next month. I've heard that people have had more success by by-passing their recruiter and applying to squadrons on their own.

Dobbins is holding the Interviews next weekend, I am apart of the unit there and if you need a direct contact to get an interview I can get it for you. I was supposed to interview for Nav but at 29 it isn't going to happen, doesn't mean I can't help anyone else out here. Let me know, I am in the Atlanta area myself.

tonyabrom@hotmail.com if you can't reach me here.

Guest Jayrome

dont discount CHS completely, send them your package anyway, call, try to visit over a UTA. If you get an interview, fantastic! if not then keep sending out packages.

You're absolutely right! I'll send them my package. I'm also starting to look at some Guard units near ATL.

Dobbins is holding the Interviews next weekend, I am apart of the unit there and if you need a direct contact to get an interview I can get it for you. I was supposed to interview for Nav but at 29 it isn't going to happen, doesn't mean I can't help anyone else out here. Let me know, I am in the Atlanta area myself.

tonyabrom@hotmail.com if you can't reach me here.

Thanks, tonio but my recruiter told me that they are only interviewing for Nav slots now. Too many pilots in the pipeline. I'll definitely contact you if I have any questions. Thanks again.

Guest JSpoon

We are top heavy, but that is a motivating factor to hire young dudes is my understanding. That's just one dude's opinion though. I will say CHS is real good about hiring from within though. Get down there and show your face. Worse case is they say no, then you look somewhere else.

I dont have any contact info on me right now. I know there are a few guys from Charleston on the boards and there are about 5-6 of us that are waiting for the results of the March AFRC UPT board. As far as hiring, I cant answer if they are or not but I do know that the Chief Pilots desks are packed with UPT hopefuls packages and I have not heard of any of the squadrons holding boards. Itsokimapilot is right the Reserve Squadrons are cutting about 20% of the manpower. Dont take my work for gospel there are much more qualified people to answer that *cough* Gov *cough*

We will be hiring UFT candidates for every board until the active duty commitment changes, the top end of the squadron is cleared out, or until t"they" tell us to stop.

• 3 years later...