Pros and Cons of A/C

Sneedro

I know that there has been a lot of talk about what people like and dislike about certain a/c they fly. I fill out my "dream" sheet here very shortly on the T-1 side of the house and am trying to decide where I may want to go. My question is for those who are currently flying in the Air Force (MWS and FAIP guys). In a sentence or two, what do you like and dislike the most about your a/c.

I am mainly concerned with the heavy world but you fighter guys feel free to chime in as well. Thanks for the input.

KC-135R - TDY Machine! Go on week-long trips, month long trips, 67 day long trips. When you get there, unpack you bags and settle in...you ain't going anywhere for a while, this can be good, and this can be bad.

Yesterday it was about 90 degrees and 69% humidity when we taxied out. We slowed down because a Cirrus was taxiing, and we gave way to the guy with the running Hobbsmeter. The exchange on Ground went something like this...

"Cirrus XX, taxi to the FBO, and thank you to the tanker"

us - "Anytime"

Cirrus - "I see you have your windows open, doesn't that thing have Air Conditioning?"

us - "A/C wasn't invented when this was built"