Happy ****ing Thanksgiving

BQZip01

Time to do more with less, folks!

(Pretty soon we'll be doing everything with nothing)

http://www.military.com/news/article/af-to-jettison-3700-airmen.html?ESRC=airforce-a.nl

My comments on the article

The Air Force announced plans on Monday to cut 3,700 Airmen, saying the mix of a poor economy and good retention has swelled its ranks beyond manageability.

WTF? We can't manage an extra 4000 people spread across the world? That's like more people at each base!?! As usual, the Air Force solution is to reduce the number of experienced, active duty experts in their fields while continuing recruiting efforts in the same manner.

A few years ago, the Air Force cut Airmen to draw down to 316,000 in order to free up money for more aircraft, such as the F-22.

But Defense Secretary Robert Gates halted the personnel cuts after he fired the Air Force top civilian and military leadership in 2008.

The service then decided it needed to grow to 330,000 because it needed Airmen in areas such as the nuclear mission and intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance. As recently as January, the Air Force was seeking to bolster its officer corps by calling on retired or separated officers up to 60 years old.

So we realized there was an experience gap and plussed up our forces. We have new missions in addition to the old ones...so we are cutting forces?!? Where's the logic in that?!?!

Yeah,

This has been brought up on a couple different threads.

Force Shaping/Downsizing

Force Shaping-VSP

It is the ultimate AFSO21 policy. Do more with less.

My wife and other non-rated co-workers got the e-mail from AFPC a little while back. And not surprisingly a lot of people that qualify are seriously thinking about punching. I can't say I really blame them. I know Ops guys are gone a lot but some of the non-rated O's are gone a lot too and seem to have less job satisfaction. Unless your AFSC is reflective belt Nazi, those guys are getting bonuses to stay in.

EDITED FOR SPELLING

Edited by Right Seat Driver