What is going on???

Guest chief

Guest skipplet

Meh, doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. There are a ton of Muslim immigrants in all the big European countries, so it isn't suprising that one of them would want to go fight with the terrorists. Remember John Walker Lind? He was an American-born jihadist.

chief

Haven't been to Belgium lately, have you? I remember when I first got there in 2002, I was sitting at a stoplight in Brussels on my motorcycle and watched a huge passenger plane fly overhead from Zaventem (the Brussels international airport). I was thinking about how easy it would be to crash an airliner into the heart of the "European Capital," but then I looked arounda at all the people on the sidewalks and they were all of Middle East origin and most likely Muslim.

As we all recently saw, France is having a big problems with Muslim youth with the recent riots, and I can tell you from firsthand experience that they are a large minority there, mostly from the Middle East and North Africa.

Honestly, I was surpised it hasn't happened earlier. It may have, and we haven't heard about it or it was never figured out.

Cheers! M2

Karl,

I get your point, but we're talking about a white, probably raised catholic, woman, who, for the most part of her live, probably never heard of Islam. That is what is bothering me.

M2,

Been to Belgium a lot of times, it is only a 100 miles from where I live in the NL. I see your point about immigrants, we have them here as well. A Muslim terrorist, son af an immigrant, killed one of our famous filmdirectors and journalist Theo van Gogh. Also people are in prison now for planning attacks on Schiphol Airport an main government buildings. All because we are the "evil" west and we are in on the fight against terrorists in Iraq and Afghanistan with the Americans from the get-go. It still bothers me....

Chief

I really don't find it hard to believe at all. Like MajorMadMax said, I am surprised it isn't happening more. Hell, my own sister has been a member of about 6 different religions in the past 10 years. And all of them was the right one at the time.

Bucky60k,

That's what I thought...

Originally posted by ce2be:

I really don't find it hard to believe at all. Like MajorMadMax said, I am surprised it isn't happening more. Hell, my own sister has been a member of about 6 different religions in the past 10 years. And all of them was the right one at the time.

But did she go to Iraq for a suicide attack on US troops or hijack a plane? Probably not....

Originally posted by chief:

Bucky60k,

That's what I thought...

But did she go to Iraq for a suicide attack on US troops or hijack a plane? Probably not....