ADP (Airman Development Plan)

Is the system down right now? I can log into AFPC but when I select ADP I get an error. There's a notice about some other stuff being unavailable on the left.

Great time to take the system offline, when 100% of the officers in a certain program just got a short term VML notice.

Great time to take the system offline, when 100% of the officers in a certain program just got a short term VML notice.

I don't know about the ADP system's functionality, I'm still trying to figure out what to put on the damn thing. No reason to actually critically think about your career, just put down something....to...to...today junior! If you say you don't have all the information, it will be considered quibbling and you will meet the QFRB for being a whiner.

There isn't really anything short notice about the VML notice. The rub is the "due date" for ADP submittal that is prior to the assignment visibility window opening. Starting with having no clue where MC-12's will be, decide if you want to stay with the MC-12 to having simply no clue on any other billet AFPC needs to fill.

Why do you need any detailed information to make career decision anyways? Just write down what you want in general terms limited by character length. AFPC will take care of it. WTF is the purpose of having people turn in ADPs on Monday when the visibility window opens on Friday?

If you want to know how many people want to stay with the MC-12, just ask! Never mind, just submit official documentation on your desires with incomplete information and you can redo it later after the window opens. I mean, you have time, what else are you doing...it's not like you have to deploy or anything.

Bendy

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

The rub is the "due date" for ADP submittal that is prior to the assignment visibility window opening.

Bendy

That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that.

What killed me is if you select "I do not desire an assignment at this time," or "I have a separation/retirement application currently pending," you still have to submit at least one assignment and one developmental preference. Am I taking crazy pills?!

What killed me is if you select "I do not desire an assignment at this time," or "I have a separation/retirement application currently pending," you still have to submit at least one assignment and one developmental preference. Am I taking crazy pills?!

Well, when your separation/retirement application is subsequently denied...you wouldn't want to have "given up your vote" would you?

It's actually a bit amusing how much so many of the military processes (like assignments) are similar to other big government processes (like social security). You don't have a choice but to do it, and you aren't going to get anything from doing it. Just do it. Like I said, amusing, eh?

Making you pick one preference is like the government's inability understand that the dude with AIDS has a point when he said he doesn't think he should have to pay that social security tax.

Bendy

Edited by Bender
  • Upvote 1

Recent gem in my organization: If you got accepted for TERA, you still have to submit a 3849 for developmental education....

I'm confused about the email we got as part of that 100% of officers going on the vml... Why would you put in the comments that you have a pending vsp or PC app highlighting yourself as "not on the team" on your assignment preferences worksheet?

I'm confused about the email we got as part of that 100% of officers going on the vml... Why would you put in the comments that you have a pending vsp or PC app highlighting yourself as "not on the team" on your assignment preferences worksheet?

Where does it say that? I just re-read it (the email sent via 489th) and I don't see that request. I assume there is a counterpart email for the 427th...is that where that is coming from?

There would be some logic to giving those people assignments that would not require immediate replacement (i.e. Not one deep). I'm not saying it's sound logic, just logic. ...or, it's to fuck you over with a shitty assignment, that would be logical too.

Bendy

Edited by Bender

Where does it say that? I just re-read it (the email sent via 489th) and I don't see that request. I assume there is a counterpart email for the 427th...is that where that is coming from?

There would be some logic to giving those people assignments that would not require immediate replacement (i.e. Not one deep). I'm not saying it's sound logic, just logic. ...or, it's to fuck you over with a shitty assignment, that would be logical too.

Bendy

I'm on leave so that was the 427 email someone forwarded to me. I was told 489 was the same but I guess that parts not in the 489 one.