Pensacola NAMI Screening (already have FC1/MFS)

fastnumber15

I am curious if anybody has gone through NAMI in pensacola for UPT at whiting field. I have already passed the fc1/mfs and wonder why I have to do the Navy's screening now. Seems unfair to have to go through two medical screenings just because I am joint training. Not really worried, but anytime you have to do ANOTHER screening you never know what a doc can find. Have hardware waiver as is and dont want to have to go through another test.....sigh..

From my experience, when we got here, they looked at our physicals and wrote us upchits if it was less than a year old. Pilots had to go do an eye exam, WSO's didn't.

Expect to get a physical sometime soon while you're here. Most people I know had to get a navy physical within a year of them being here.

From my experience, when we got here, they looked at our physicals and wrote us upchits if it was less than a year old. Pilots had to go do an eye exam, WSO's didn't.

Expect to get a physical sometime soon while you're here. Most people I know had to get a navy physical within a year of them being here.

That sounds about right. I left P'cola in 07, but I'm sure things haven't changed much if at all.

The AF has pretty much signed off on you, you just need to get into the navy's system. As Monte said, expect to have a physical every year during your birth month with them just like the AF.

I don't remember anyone having any trouble during the navy physicals if that helps any. Go to McGuire's, and enjoy the area.

• 1 month later...

It's no sweat. When I went they just took me in the room with their old-as& vision testing projector and proceded to flunk me. Apparently I did not meet the Navy required 20/20! I had just left Brooks with 20/30 vision, which was fine with them :)

So after about an hour of sweating it and trying to get someone above the pay grade of E-2 to look at my paperwork, and my constant yelling "but i'm in the AIR force!!!" - they finally figured out why I wasn't wearing kahki's and they gave me an upchit.

I went through that process about this time last year. It was largely a paperwork exercise. I had two waivers - one for PRK and one for some foot surgery a couple of years back - and the Navy had no clue what to do. After a couple polite reminders that I was in the Air Force the doc wrote me an up-chit and I was on my way.

After participating in this joint program with the Navy for almost 25 years one might think they would know what to do with us... but they often don't. Get to used to quizzical looks from Navy admin folks when you tell them that you are in the Air Force and they have no clue. This largely stops once you get to VT-3/4/10/86 thank goodness.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to Brooks and no issues at all. FC1 no problems at all. I go to NAMI less than three weeks from Brooks and they see that I have asymmetrical hearing. Weird thing is, its within 20hz, the left ear is really strong and the right hear just is not as strong. Both ears well within H1 hearing. They did all sorts of tests at the ENT to see if I have conductive hearing loss which they concluded I do not. Next step is an MRI to make sure I don't have anything wrong visibly with my nerves in my ear.

Brutal.