Allotment question

pittsdriver

If I setup an allotment through mypay, whatever amount I sign up for does it take it out of one pay period or split between 2? I am trying to set it up online and it says it will be reflected in my 15 Feb pay. Is that half on the 15th and half on the 30th or all of it on the 15th?

If I setup an allotment through mypay, whatever amount I sign up for does it take it out of one pay period or split between 2? I am trying to set it up online and it says it will be reflected in my 15 Feb pay. Is that half on the 15th and half on the 30th or all of it on the 15th?

Once an allotment is established, the normal deduction is split between your 15th and end of month (EoM) pay. What myPay is telling you is the first available pay it can start is the 15th of Feb. If you wait until about 4 Feb, the system will shut down changes for the 15th so the next available pay period would be 15 Mar.

So if you start the allotment now, 1/2 of the amount will be deducted from your 15Feb pay, the other 1/2 from your EoM pay. Also at the EoM, the entire amount (both halves) will be deposited into the bank account you entered in myPay.

Other Source: http://www.elmendorf.af.mil/library/factsh...et.asp?id=10222

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Once an allotment is established, the normal deduction is split between your 15th and end of month (EoM) pay. What myPay is telling you is the first available pay it can start is the 15th of Feb. If you wait until about 4 Feb, the system will shut down changes for the 15th so the next available pay period would be 15 Mar.

So if you start the allotment now, 1/2 of the amount will be deducted from your 15Feb pay, the other 1/2 from your EoM pay. Also at the EoM, the entire amount (both halves) will be deposited into the bank account you entered in myPay.

Other Source: http://www.elmendorf.af.mil/library/factsh...et.asp?id=10222

Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Makes perfect sense, I figured that was the case but wanted to make sure.