Dallas Fort Worth

summe32c

I'm planning a personal trip to Dallas and none of us that are going have ever been there before. I could use some recommendations on where to drink, where to stay, preferably within stumbling distance. Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dallas is a big town. There are plenty of decent places to stay that are within reasonable walking distance to/from local bars. So it really depends on what you are looking to do. Are you coming for a convention of sort? Or is it just a sight-seeing gig? Are you driving or flying? If you can swing it, I would suggest going to Fort Worth to visit the legendary "Flying Saucer" :thumbsup::beer: But as far as Dallas goes, I would suggest The Ginger Man if you're looking for quality. Choice of hotel would really depend on your budget, so it's hard to say.

If you're a douchebag that spends alot time tanning or calling people "bro", I recommend the Ghost Bar and other uptown bars.

If you like cheap beer and dancing with 18 yr old chicks that may or may not have herpes, Lower Greenville is the place for you.

If you're into a somewhat older crowd (23-50), with plenty of hot chicks and cougs in the mix, you should check out Addison.

If you want a mix of them all, head to downtown Fort Worth.

Since you want bars within stumbling distance of a hotel, I recommend downtown Fort Worth.

If you're a douchebag that spends alot time tanning or calling people "bro", I recommend the Ghost Bar and other uptown bars.

Choke yourself. I stand by Ghost Bar, awesome times to be had there, without tanning and calling people "bro" only an appropriate amount of times. Sounds like you're stuck in sophomore year, still drinking McCormick's and Key Light?

ghostbar.jpg

2z_2.jpg

Choke yourself. I stand by Ghost Bar, awesome times to be had there, without tanning and calling people "bro" only an appropriate amount of times. Sounds like you're stuck in sophomore year, still drinking McCormick's and Key Light?

ghostbar.jpg

2z_2.jpg

It's funny seeing someone fresh out of college claim I'm stuck in sophomore year. My sophomore year of college was around the 2001 time frame, and even though it's blurry, I'm pretty sure I had worked my way up to Skol and Natty Light.

Your pictures prove my point even more so. I wonder how many of those sluts on stage showed up with a dude in a leased Benz, sporting spiked hair and $300 jeans? If that's your scene, then good on ya. But my sophomore ass prefers having a beer or ten with my buds, listening to live music and meeting cool chicks.

It's funny seeing someone fresh out of college claim I'm stuck in sophomore year. My sophomore year of college was around the 2001 time frame, and even though it's blurry, I'm pretty sure I had worked my way up to Skol and Natty Light.

Fair enough.

Your pictures prove my point even more so. I wonder how many of those sluts on stage showed up with a dude in a leased Benz, sporting spiked hair and $300 jeans?

Some of them no doubt, but no matter where you go there's gonna be chics who dig guys like that, so what?

If that's your scene, then good on ya. But my sophomore ass prefers having a beer or ten with my buds, listening to live music and meeting cool chicks.

Sophomore comment was pointless, forget about it. Pointless could also describe this argument. When was the last time you were in a bar that didn't have a few douchers in it? All I'm saying is that GB is a damn good time if is pretentious/trendy. If I lived in Dallas it wouldn't be my go-to place but when OKC gets old, it's fun to go to mini-Vegas @ the W. For what it's worth, I agree that small live venues (Wormy Dog in OKC for example) are a much better place to meet "cool" chicks. I'm done here.