Supplemental Dental Insurance

Guest Kawen

Just wondering if anyone knew if there was a supplemental dental insurance for the TDP/United Concordia. I was stupid to not buy dental insurance through my job, thinking the TDP would be more than enough for my 2 cleanings a year, now I have to wait until October of '09 when annual enrollment comes around and I need several thousand dollars worth of dental stuff done in the mean time. I've already past my $1200 maximum that the TDP will cover annually with 2 cleanings, some minor periodontic work, a root canal, and a crown. It's looking like I'm going to need some periodontic bone grafts and going back into orthodontics so we're looking at something around $5-6k out of pocket. I really need to have this stuff done ASAP, so I'd rather not wait around until Feb. 1 when the annual term re-ups.

Thanks for any advice!

Just wondering if anyone knew if there was a supplemental dental insurance for the TDP/United Concordia. I was stupid to not buy dental insurance through my job, thinking the TDP would be more than enough for my 2 cleanings a year, now I have to wait until October of '09 when annual enrollment comes around and I need several thousand dollars worth of dental stuff done in the mean time. I've already past my $1200 maximum that the TDP will cover annually with 2 cleanings, some minor periodontic work, a root canal, and a crown. It's looking like I'm going to need some periodontic bone grafts and going back into orthodontics so we're looking at something around $5-6k out of pocket. I really need to have this stuff done ASAP, so I'd rather not wait around until Feb. 1 when the annual term re-ups.

Thanks for any advice!

I don't think there is any. Concordia doesn't cover othro after you hit 23yrs old either.

Try looking to see if you can buy cheapier supp. insurence through Blue Cross, or a Dental Insurence provider. Also, some dentist officed have payment plans..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest josephscoat4kids

TDP offers two cleanings every 12 months, and don't forget, if you're pregnant they'll pay for a 3rd cleaning (nice extra benefit). The new contract year for everyone is 02/01/09, and you get the $1200 again... here's a link I found for supplemental dental, you might want to check it out: www.dentalplans.com .. good luck! :o)

• 3 months later...
Guest ansel

Hi Kawen, expenses do get unbearable and you need to get it done ASAP. Did you try talking to professional private lenders? Did anyone suggest to you <URL removed for possible spam>? They offer loans specifically to military personnel. I hope they can help.

Edited by M2
Until individual proves he is not a spammer for specific web site, his URLs will not be included!

• 4 months later...
Guest YoYoYo

kinda late, but the air force aid society is also a huge help when it comes to things like this. please check it out.