ROTC while getting masters?

summe32c

Guest EverettP
Anyone ever come across someone who has gone through ROTC while getting their masters?

Second is the one year or 2 year ROTC program still available.

Cheers

-summers

We just had woman commission in May from our det that came in as a graduate student. She joined during my FTP semester as a 200 (Spring 06), waited a summer to go to FT (1 semester wasn't enough prep) and just commissioned (Spring 08).

everettp,

Thanks for the intel. Thats awesome. I am seriously considering going back for graduate school. Ill have to call some detachments to see if they are willing to comply.

Only problem is that I am 25. I am really feeling the pressure to get in OTS and UPT before the age cut off.

-summers

Guest EverettP
everettp,

Thanks for the intel. Thats awesome. I am seriously considering going back for graduate school. Ill have to call some detachments to see if they are willing to comply.

Only problem is that I am 25. I am really feeling the pressure to get in OTS and UPT before the age cut off.

-summers

Well you could always do what she did... join in the Spring during FTP and hit the fast track to FT, get your masters and commission Spring 2010 set up for UPT FY10. I don't know the age limit off the top of my head since I'm not pushing it :)

Edited by EverettP

I was a Graduate student and three semester ROTC "Commissionee" (SP). You don't need to be in a specific program (IE one year or two year program) All you need to do by by the regs to commission is complete three semesters of ROTC and Field training (with out a scholarship).

AFROTC is the easiest path to commission. Also FYI find a small DET because it is easier to stand out for commanders ranking. My Det has less than 50 cadets total.

If you have any questions shoot me a PM and I will try and answer them for you.

Edited by budderbar

• 2 months later...

IDK if this helps you any, but at my school there's an option to get your masters (engineering) in 1 year immediately following your graduation as an undergrad. This works out nicely with the fact that engineering students can take 5 years to go through ROTC. Apply for an extension to your scholarship, then just take masters classes your last year. Its a little more complicated than that, so feel free to PM me if you want details, but that's essentially what it boils down to.