Is the USAF in bad shape?

Guest F16crewdwgg

Guest F16crewdwgg

I found an interesting article that shows the poor funding US has ran into for the fundings of the F-35 and F-22. It touches on how the F-16 and F-15's are in some situations not usable for battle and more than the "ok" amount would be lost. I find it interesting how it talks about we will fall below the estimated "safe" amount of fighter jets to have on hand around 2013.

It also touches on how are goal of over 200 F-22's a year was cut short by the Bush administration because of the wars in the middle east.

Idk... just check it out. Post your opinion. I'm interested on some outside opinions rather then of those in the article.

http://www.airforce-magazine.com/MagazineA...8dominance.aspx

Edited by F16crewdwgg

Guest rapier01

Yeah, it a bad situation. Not enough money since most of it being used to pay for the war and the planes are being worn out. The space programs are in bad shape too. It's going to be a train wreck since probably after this year the defense budget will start to shrink to make matters worse...

Understand that AFA is a lobby organization for the USAF, so they will naturally side with the Air Staff in a majority of instances. Not knocking AFA--I am a life member--but if Big Blue it touting doom and gloom, so will AFA's mountpiece, Air Force magazine.

We've been in this boat numerous times before, and somehow we always survive. We may not end up with all the pointy-nosed jets we wanted, but there has to be a middle ground established between the excessive wants of the Air Force and the stingy givings of Congress.

Somehow, the USAF will get by. It always has, and it always will. Worrying about it isn't going to change anything.

Cheers! M2

I found an interesting article that shows the poor funding US has ran into for the fundings of the F-35 and F-22.

Maybe the funding will get better as they cut all the support positions in favor of the OPs world. See article link below.

Financial services personnel has been cut by 50% as of Mar 2008.

In my opinion, the customer service you used to receive is in bad shape. Get ready to help yourself more than you already are. Of course you will have the 24hr call center for answers to your questions.

Base financial service hours change