Need GA Mic for my Headset...

Riddller

Hey everyone, I need some help. I'm starting my PPL and I want to use my Dave Clark headset, but I need a Gen. Av. microphone (8 ohm I think) first. I also need a two-wire adapter, but those are pretty easy to find. The only place I've found so far had the mic's for like $140 plus shipping, but I figure there's got to be someplace cheaper. I checked on e-bay, but couldn't find any, and did google searches, but couldn't really find what I wanted. Anybody have any extra lying around or know where I can get one? Thanx!!

Guest deweygcc

just buy another headset, which you will find is much nicer than the one you have.

EBay has some nice deals. I found when " upgrading or making dual purpose" is more expensive than buying new...the hard way

Guest Wxpunk

Hey, if you're going to buy a new set, check out Spinner's. I bought my DC H10-60C's at Spinner's. The price and service were incredible. I think I got the headset in something like two days without paying for rush delivery.

Here are their prices (below DC's advertised price floor):

h10-13xl David Clark H10-13XL ANR Headset $ 625.00

h10-13x- David Clark H10-13X ANR Headset $ 549.95

h10-13hxl David Clark H10-13HXL ANR Headset $ 640.00

h10-13xp David Clark H10-13XP Panel Power ANR Headset $ 595.00

h20-10xl David Clark H20-10XL ANR Headset $ 660.00

h20-10xp David Clark H20-10XP Panel ANR Headset $ 625.00

h10-56hxl David Clark H10-56HXL Helicopter ANR Headset $ 650.00

h10-60 David Clark H10-60 Headset $ 305.00

h10-60c David Clark H10-60C Coiled Cord Headset $ 315.00

h10-60h David Clark H10-60 Helicopter Headset $ 315.00

h20-10- David Clark H20-10 Headset $ 286.95

h20-10s David Clark H20-10S Stereo Headset $ 292.95

h10-13.4 David Clark H10-13.4 Headset $ 269.95

h10-13s David Clark H10-13S Stereo Headset $ 275.95

h10-13h- David Clark H10-13H Helicopter Headset $ 279.95

h10-20 David Clark H10-20 Headset $ 264.95

h10-30 David Clark H10-30 Headset $ 224.95

-----------

Wxpunk

[ 24. July 2004, 14:20: Message edited by: Wxpunk ]

I've got a DC Active Noise Reduction Headset with the lip-light, big fuzzy-wool head thingy, and the big-comfy ear cushions. As you can see, it's not a 'cheap' headset. Wxpunk- it's not a helicopter headset, I used it when flying on 130's, but I guess the military plugs we used are the same as the ones used on helicopters, because the adapter for GA is the 'helicopter to GA' one. Anywho, I like the headset, and just want a new mic. Can anyone help?

• 1 year later...

Revived this thread because now that I'm in the T-1 track I thought it would be nice to use my Bose Headset, but it has the GA plugs. Can someone tell me what the correct adapter is and give me a good place to find one (apart from EBAY)? If you've got a part number, great, but a correct technical name or description would work too. If Helicopter to GA works (see above) does the inverse (GA to Helicopter) work if you're going the other way (STS)?

This might not be helpful to you at all, but the impedence is different on helicopter vs. military systems, even though the plug is basically the same. I'll check around the office here and see if it is possible, but everything I see so far allows you to go everywhich way except the way you want to go.

Also, it might be worth giving Bose a call. They are getting into military contracts, so they might be willing to sell you the whole microphone piece to screw into the cup. 1-800-999-2673

EDIT: zroost... go here and scroll down to the very bottom. The description shows the GA jacks going to a U-75/U plug, but the diagram shows GA going to U-174/U. BTW, that is a David Clark p/n, so you could call them and ask. 1-800-298-6235

[ 15. February 2006, 15:09: Message edited by: sleepy ]

If you have problems from either company, let me know. I have "connections," and should be able to get what you want if they don't want to deal with a singular person.

Let me look. I bought one for dual use with my Bose NR headset (KC-135 & Cessena 172). I just do not have time to fly GA right now and it is somewhere in a dresser drawer collecting dust along with my logbook. If I can find it I will let it go for half of what I paid which would equate to about $50.

Sounds good...I got a hold of a U-174 adapter made by Sigtronics from Chief Aircraft...tried it in a TONE in the Iso dock today. My headset would recieve, but not transmit. The headset ops checked good in the family Tri-Pacer recently so it has to be the adapter. Any thoughts? Maybe I need one that's low impedence?

Boom, if yours worked I'll buy it off you. PM me and we can work out the details.

[ 16. February 2006, 16:26: Message edited by: zrooster99 ]