T-44 & TC-12

Guest PhantomIIF4

Guest PhantomIIF4

I had a couple of questions for guys/gals at Corpus or who have been through their before.

1. How many T-44's and how many TC-12's are in the two units there?

2. Does the TC-12 have any type of glass cockpit?

3. How many T-44C's does VT-31 have at this point?

1. C-12s = enough, T-44s = more than enough

2. Steam gauges all the way, but we do still have a GPS which is nice. And they say we have a Wx radar but I'm convinced its just a back up Atari monitor, so the IPs will have something to do once killing our engines becomes boring.

3. I think they are at 9, and only one sim. Definitely the lim-fac of their program.

And no, the C-models are God Box free. But I believe they still have the circuit breaker set-up similar to the C-12s. Though apparently they can't do partial panel work as far as I know since the back-up system is all inclusive, which I'll leave up to you to decide the advantage/disadvantage of such qualities.

T-44 = God Box, and working on getting their planes glass-cockpit conversion (don't know status of the mod)

C-12 = no God Box, we used to fly with suction cups (ala Sporty's) to cover certain gages/instruments. C-12s will fly no-heading ASR/PAR, and no-heading NDB approaches, but DO NOT fly no-heading TACAN/VOR

One nice bonus (back in the day) was that VT-35 (C-12 Sqdrn) did not have any show-times earlier than 0730!

Guest PhantomIIF4

I appreciate the info.

I guess I was just wondering what I might be encountering in terms of cockpit layout as opposed to what I'm used to dealing with in the T-6 here.

Of course all this is dependent on whether I'm even fortunate enough to get the T-44 slot I'm hoping for.

Anyways thanks for the info fellas.

I wish the no earlier than 730 show still stood in VT-35, practically every "on wing" flight I had was a 530 or 600 brief. Oh well at least for the most part we beat the crappy weather! But ya, for anybody incoming I pitch try for C-12s the squadron is money. And if thats full, I say go A-models merely for the fact that they seem to progress through the syllabus at a much better pace/flow for VT-31. The C-model dudes seem to have long breaks of not flying for various reasons. Just some advice, take it or leave it. Glass cockpit is nice and all, but flyin the steam gauges ain't all that bad either.

And if thats full, I say go A-models merely for the fact that they seem to progress through the syllabus at a much better pace/flow for VT-31. The C-model dudes seem to have long breaks of not flying for various reasons. Just some advice, take it or leave it.

Take it.

I guess I was just wondering what I might be encountering in terms of cockpit layout as opposed to what I'm used to dealing with in the T-6 here.

The difference between night and day. But it will be a good step-down to get you from the glass cockpit of the T-6 to the steam guages of the herk.

HD