Cell Phone Contracts?

Wolf424

Sprint generally keeps your original date. So if you have a two year contract, go to Korea for a year, you should only have a year left when you get back. Also, if you're going to cancel and are worried about your phone number, try transferring your number to an online phone service, then transferring back when you get back to the states.

Who cares?

I do. I don't want the equivalent of what a Razr is now because I had an assignment overseas. I am use to having my number change so I don't really care anyway. It is just my personal preference but I don't really like to have a different area code than where I live. For example, in Hawaii I would get wrong numbers or telemarketers calling me at 3 AM at least twice a week.

I am not sure if anyone had any experience with this or not but, I tried to transfer my old cell number with my hometown area code (which i still had) added to my account but they wouldn't let me because they said it was against policy to give me an area code in a different state than my billing address. They said that since I lived in Florida they could only add a Florida area code. This was with AT&T. Did anyone have AT&T tell them that or was the representative wrong?

The downside is that in a year when you reactivate your number you will have an old phone and your upgrade date is still however many months away it was when you suspended the account. If you cancel your account you can get a new phone with your new account but you have to get a new number.

negative, upgrade timelines are unaffected (AT&T experience here, have suspended and upgrade successfully several times with no timeline slip). Civilians may have this issue, but not military.

• Upvote 1