PFPS Wizards, I need your help

busdriver

I'm curious, why are you trying to get data to the second for landing?

I've never done it before, but I'd think there would be an option in the aircraft's configuration menus, similiar to how you set Climb/Descent rates.

Is there a way to calculate a start point for a decel at a set rate?

Example:

110knot cruise

I want to slow to zero at 5 knots per second

to arrive over a waypoint with zero ground speed

at what point prior do I have to start my decel?

Just messing around. Say if I were to start a decel at 1nm from an lz starting at 110, to arrive over the lz at 0, etc. I'm thinking about how this could pertain to a self contained approach.

EDIT: I figured it out, by messing with speed changes and using slowdown by time, I got it close enough (ie slowing from 110 to 5 at 5 kts per second takes 21 seconds, converted to min=.35, etc.)

Edited by busdriver

I think you really want to arrive at the LZ at about 97KIAS. But that's just me. Navs can give you the delta V they use for LZ slowdowns (I forget what it is off the top of my head, something like 13 seconds) which should give a pretty good TOT. PM me if you need further details.

• 4 weeks later...

The PFPS thread is born again. I bought an eTrex Legend Cx, which has a USB type connector, but I'm having problems getting it to talk to PFPS and the Handheld AWE program? Anyone got any ideas? I tried all the COM port settings with no luck.