Most Hours on Baseops

Wang Wei

I know he's not on the boards but I just flew a fini flight for one of our loadmasters who had 13,000 hours total with 6500 of them in the Herk.

Chief S?

We've had the "highest" - HuggyU2

We've had the "fastest" - EvilEagle and JimNTexas tied at 1.7M

So who's got the most hours???

I'm thinking with 5000+ hours, HuggyU2 is going to win another one.....

http://www.8af.acc.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123026838

I think aircrew are just as vital to mission success.

http://www.defenselink.mil/home/faceofdefe...f20061117a.html

I'm at 6500, but I'm pretty sure SnakeT38 has me beat by at least a factor of two. Hours are a poor indicator of a pilot's ability anyway. I've flown with 20,000+ guys who were losers, and 1500 hour new F.O's who really made me sit up and work. (Outstanding hands.)

Hell, didn't Bud Holland have more B-52 hours than any pilot in the history of that MWS?

I know a lot of Herk guys on here probably remember a certain sim/academics instructor at Corpus who swore that his buddy that he flew gliders with had 70,000 hours. :bash:

I already did the math. That's 8 years flying alone. That doesn't count preflights, tail swaps, and maybe trying to drink a beer or get laid every once in a while.

If I remember correctly, this same guy also crashed a fighter up in the Yukon somewhere and was chased from the crash site by wolves. Apparently his tears can cure cancer as well.

I know a lot of Herk guys on here probably remember a certain sim/academics instructor at Corpus who swore that his buddy that he flew gliders with had 70,000 hours. :bash:

I already did the math. That's 8 years flying alone. That doesn't count preflights, tail swaps, and maybe trying to drink a beer or get laid every once in a while.

If I remember correctly, this same guy also crashed a fighter up in the Yukon somewhere and was chased from the crash site by wolves. Apparently his tears can cure cancer as well.

He still tells that story.....