MEB or Not?

Guest ThatGuy

You can be submitted for "MEB" for any medical condition if it meets criteria. Yours certainly sounds like it would. Recommend you familiarize yourself with the process and various terms by contacting the local Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO, usually an E-4 or E-5). It's doubtful you will receive an AAC 37 for another month, so it's far too early to speculate on your outcome.

www.pebforum.com is a very good and thorough resource for folks going through an MEB. Also, please feel free to PM me with any questions about the process (as I've reached the end of my MEB).

Mods, if it's a foul to post a link to another forum, I apologize in advance.

Guest ThatGuy

ITBS is something runners and cyclists get when there is an overuse injury of tissues of the outer thigh and knee. The iliotibial band runs along the lateral or outside aspect of the thigh and is an important structure that stabilizes the knee as it flexes and extends. Inflammation of the IT band can occur as it crosses the femoral epicondyle on the lateral side of the knee joint. Iliotibial band syndrome is an overuse injury causing pain on the outside part of the knee especially during running when the heel strikes the ground. RICE and anti-inflammatory medications are first-line treatments.

To me ITBS is like a sprained ankle. But you need to rest it and in a few days or weeks it will be fine if you stretch and ice it. Does this matter at all? Thanks for taking the time to respond gentlemen.