2012 AFRC Board

Guest pilotbax

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been sponsored by a unit in a different state or location? I am trying to get picked up at a Wing a few states away from me... I've been in contact with the Officer Recruiter for that Wing, but he is thinking he may need to send me to an Officer Recruiter in my local area? I figured I should be working directly with the Wing I'm trying to get into? Please advise.

Has anyone been sponsored by a unit in a different state or location? I am trying to get picked up at a Wing a few states away from me... I've been in contact with the Officer Recruiter for that Wing, but he is thinking he may need to send me to an Officer Recruiter in my local area? I figured I should be working directly with the Wing I'm trying to get into? Please advise.

What stage are you at? Have you been sponsored by the wing? If you have been sponsored by the wing then you will work with the recruiter. I worked with my unit/hiring officer until I was officially sponsored. Once I was sponsored, I started working with my regional Officer recruiter. He would forward the necessary docs to my wing for signature, etc. Scheduling MFS, compiling my application package, etc was all done thru the recruiter who then coordinated the documents with the wing for signature. Once the package was complete, the recruiter was the one who submitted it to AFRC for the board.

For this unit, I am at step 0 -- just trying to rush the unit and get sponsored.

I should have caveated my previous statement with every unit will have their own hiring process/preferences. If the hiring officer is saying you need to contact a recruiter, I would listen to him and contact the recruiter. Obviously keep in touch with the hiring officer and continue to get to know the dudes in the squadron but you don't want to start off by ignoring what the hiring officer says......

My first step was to the Wing recruiter emailing about UPT opportunities. Haven't actually made contact with anyone in the unit. I'll try to get an actual POC and go from there. Thanks for the info

Does anybody know where exactly the results are posted? My recruiter just told me he doesn't see any results...I'd like to point him in the right direction...thanks!!

I got the phone call from my actual unit. I don't think they have sent out/posted the results yet but they are contacting the unit commanders.....