AFRC board - June 2011

Guest lbzrider14

Guest lbzrider14

Its different than guard. I believe once your selected as a guard units primary candidate, that's it.

With reserves, you still have to go through the whole competitive interview process. But once sponsored by that unit, now you can potentially be non selected by the AFRC board that meets twice a year.

Guest lbzrider14

Navi, yeah man I hear that. On that note, I just got was informed that I MIGHT be in need of a waiver. It's great finding that out a week after the deadline for packets being submitted. I have no words...

Have you taken the time and care to look up the REGs and check on this YOURSELF? Unfortunately we all know you can't rely on recruiters 100% of the time; the ones that slack give a bad name to the majority who are amazing at the their jobs. But I'd actually look into this yourself; all the regs are published. Maybe your non-select last board may be a cause of this waiver issue??

Edited by lbzrider14

Guest lbzrider14

For everyone who applied to the June AFRC board, I got word today that under the new A3 command an extra checking process was induced.

This week, someone at AFRC has begun a scrub of all submitted applications and a memo will go out (my guess is end of next week) to all OG/CC and AFR officer recruiters that contains a list of every applicant that is meeting the board. Also, for incomplete packages, recruiters will be notified of missing or incomplete paperwork, and will have time to send them in to the board.

I think this is awesome news so applicants will know if their package officially made it to the board.

Guest dreadnought

Maybe this is me just thinking out loud, but a couple of observations about this board:

- Is there a dramatically smaller number of dudes applying for this board? The thread relating to the previous board ran for 14 pages! Can this be attributed to the Brooks / WP issues?

- How many guys are re-applying with this board? I didn't get picked up by the previous board, so I fit into this category.

- There seems to be a lot of pressure from the Wings / Squadrons to get "their guys" through this time, as they are short-handed as it is. With A3 running this board, do you think this will be taken into consideration by board members?

lbzrider14- that sounds like great news...would you recommend calling our recruiters sometime this week to get the full skinny?

Good luck to everyone...hopefully we'll be getting the green light very soon :rock:

Guest lbzrider14

I was one of the first batch at WP as well but I've heard limited information since then. My recruiter informed me we are still applying for the June board but I have yet to get a confirmation my package was submitted. As far as the physical goes it is still pending signature. As most of you know already I had a waiver to obtain so mine will take longer I expect. Keep me updated! Good luck

As of today, 4 of the 5 AFR/Guard guys I was with at Wright Patt have their official certification stamp from AETC. For reference, 3 of us needed waivers ranging from Lasik, depth perception, concussions, & it took 7 weeks.

@Dreadnought, it probably wouldn't hurt to call your recruiter at weeks end and ask for a list. Let me know what you find out.

Guest tbrown85

I am also waiting on the AFRC board to meet 21/22 June - the days couldn't go by any slower, and I know this is just the beginning! Went through the WrightPatt physical with the first group of guys and gals the last week in April - zero waivers - but still waiting to hear if I got approval from the AFRC/SG or AMDS.

I am also waiting on the AFRC board to meet 21/22 June - the days couldn't go by any slower, and I know this is just the beginning! Went through the WrightPatt physical with the first group of guys and gals the last week in April - zero waivers - but still waiting to hear if I got approval from the AFRC/SG or AMDS.

The last week of April was definitely not the first group... the only thing that worries me is that they still have never even asked for proof that I got the stuff with my teeth fixed.

Guest dreadnought

Calling my recruiter tomorrow. Kinda wondering if there is a list after the generic response you got from your recruiter, navibear.

Guest dreadnought

Called earlier...got the same response you did, navibeav. If anyone else discovers that this fabled list does exist, hook your anxious brothas up!

Edited by dreadnought

Guest lbzrider14

Called earlier...got the same response you did, navibeav. If anyone else discovers that this fabled list does exist, hook your anxious brothas up!

Got an email from recruiter as well as squadron guy that hired me, says I was missing one document. Followed the email chain back and it was from the guy at A3 who was scrubbing apps and it said for my recruiter to forward the one document along... that was comforting knowing they really are checking for completed packets before the board next week.. have yet to see the list either.

Guest dreadnought

Got an email from recruiter as well as squadron guy that hired me, says I was missing one document. Followed the email chain back and it was from the guy at A3 who was scrubbing apps and it said for my recruiter to forward the one document along... that was comforting knowing they really are checking for completed packets before the board next week.. have yet to see the list either.

Nice! So I guess if we haven't heard anything, we're good to go...hopefully.

Guest tbrown85

Good luck to everyone that has a package sitting on the desk of the board today! I will post anything that hear on my end, hope everyone else will do the same :)

Edited by tbrown85

Guest lbzrider14

My hiring unit's CC was told July 8th is the date we're expected to hear word of acceptance/rejection from the AFRC board. Just another date to make us stress over. But then again, I was wrong about being told a "list" will be published that has the names of each applicant meeting the board. :banghead:

Guest Naviportno

Is anyone age critical in this board?

I am! I turn 30 next month. Had to get an age and TFCSD waiver. Whoever said July 8th for the results is correct, but my contact at AFRC said they'll try to get them out earlier.

Guest dreadnought

Congrats navibeav! Any chance the rest of us can find ourselves in the "interesting scenario" you speak of?

Guest lbzrider14

Yeah sure - i just hope it doesn't make me sound like a jerk.

All along, I wanted to be a nav and was sponsored as a nav. I got a call Wednesday asking me if I'd accept a pilot slot instead because I was in the top 5 of the board. After a little thought, I agreed. Found out today though that the way things shook out, they decided to keep me a nav. It's weird - I never thought I'd be disappointed to get exactly what I wanted. I'm thinking it'll wear off soon and I can return to simply being happy and anxious for my OTS date.

So wait, Navibeav, you speak of the June AFRC board? Wow, they already made decisions huh. Awesome news good job!

Guest dreadnought

Surplus pilot slots anyone? I'm taking this as positive news. Thanks for the intel, navibeav. And congrats again!

Guest lbzrider14

Yeah sure - i just hope it doesn't make me sound like a jerk.

All along, I wanted to be a nav and was sponsored as a nav. I got a call Wednesday asking me if I'd accept a pilot slot instead because I was in the top 5 of the board. After a little thought, I agreed. Found out today though that the way things shook out, they decided to keep me a nav. It's weird - I never thought I'd be disappointed to get exactly what I wanted. I'm thinking it'll wear off soon and I can return to simply being happy and anxious for my OTS date.

Would you mind posting your stats? I think it would give everyone a good picture on what the top 5 in the board represented...

Thanks!