Mole Removal

Guest heyeverybody

Guest heyeverybody

I am not in the military yet. However, I plan on applying for a flight slot. Basically, I was wondering if I had this mole removed would it pose any problems later. In other words, would I be disqualified? Would I need a waiver? Does it matter how I have it removed? I was thinking about laser removal, however, does it matter that the technology is fairly new?

Any help on this would be very helpful. Thanks.

It is a mole, nothing else. There is no reason to get it removed jut to be a pilot or join the military. If it is posing a problem for you in daily life then yeah, think about getting it removed. OR if it is more than one shade/color, oddly shaped, been growing at an unusual rate, ect then you need to get it looked at.

I personally have had several removed, some before and some while serving... there is nothing to it and nothing will hinder you if you have it removed (other than being DNIF due to drugs if taken).

Side note, laser removal is not always the way to go... it costs a lot more and why spend more money going to at least two doctors when your General Physician can just cut it off/out?

Robes

I just went through this same issue during my MEPS physical last month. The doctors wanted documentation that the moles removed weren't cancerous. So I had to get those and go back to MEPS at a later date to get cleared. You might want to get those letters ahead of time so when you get your physical you can turn them in then. It will save you alot of time and hassle.

• 2 weeks later...