Vasculitis, Disqualifying?

JoeNJ

Hey all, I have just been diagnosed with vasculitis and was wondering if it was disqualifying. Only my skin has been affected and none of my internal organs so I got lucky. My skin is healing nicely and the doc's think it may be HS Purpura i'll find out in a few days. If it is disqualifying is there any chance for a waiver? I tried a search with no luck.

Guest doctidy

Henoch-Schonlein Purpura limited to the skin. I think you'll be okay...but you may need a waiver. Hard to give you anything firm because every case is a little different.

Keep copies of all your medical records and f/u.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the response, it's been a while since i posted here. It turned out to be HS Purpura and after another urinalysis my kidney doc found TRACE amounts of protein and blood in my urine. He is not concerned with this yet and has told me to wait until april to get another urinalysis. If there is still protein and blood in my urine he will put me on a medication that, according to him, is actually a blood pressure medication that will also eliminate any protein in my kidneys. My skin has fully healed save for a few spots here and there. My question is, do you think this development would hurt my chances of passing a flying physical?