Concussion/Head injury

Guest buffjock

..........my package has left the GB, and a file has been opened for me down at ACS. Expecting to hear something by the end of this month.

I get the distinct feeling that I will be required to go through all the psyh testing (that I already had done through Walter Reed) again, if they decide to actually give me an opportunity to fly sooner than the original 5 yr mark.

As far as I am concerned I will go through the ringer a hundred times, as long as I can fly again. Enough said for now........

Edited by jload

• 2 months later...

Well............ACS turned me down. They are reading just Black & White regs. I don't blame them.

Here is the skinny on my end. I have been lucky enough to fly on the birds @ my unit since my injury. How do you ask? Well, about 8 mos after my injury, I was hired on by Lockheed to be an aircrew instructor at my unit. Consequently, I was required to fly on my unit birds to observe, and stay current with the latest mission sets, checklists, regs, etc. That being said, I have logged right around a 100 hrs on all mission sets, to include DS, NVG, AR, etc. I have had absolutely no residual effects from my injury during those flights. I had cat scans done @ 6 mos intervals during the last 2 1/2 yrs. I have gone thru the 2 day Neuro-psych eval (adminstered by Walter Reed), and passed it with flying colors

I am assuming that there has not been a precedence set like my situation. Therefore, my belief is that ACS is not sure what to do, but blindly follow the regs. They never brought me down to Brooks to test me, or talk to me personally. They had a letter from my commander endorsing my accomplishments over the past 2 1/2 yrs, along with all test results.

Any thoughts? Thank you!

Edited by jload