Chest Pain

Guest rjet24

Guest rjet24

About a year ago I had a dull pain in the left side of my chest. I passed it off for a couple of months then one day I decided to go to the hospital to have it looked at. The doc had blood work, ekg, chest xrays and found nothing other then saying it could have been attributed to some medication I was taking at the time. I since have stopped taking the medication and have not had the chest pains again. My question is do you think that I will have any trouble with the Brooks physical? How should I go about telling the docs there? Any advice would be appriciated. Thanks

Guest msmith16

Have all paperwork and test reports together and organized, this is probably the most important thing, and not doing it pretty much screwed me. I didn't think my situation would be a big deal, so I wasn't prepared. BE PREPARED! A positive attitude and being polite goes a long way as well.

Good Luck

-Striker

Guest RustyNails

I am casual. I go to UPT in Nov. Getting ready to go in for a PHA soon. I too had chest pains a few months back, now the pain is up in my neck. Brooks showed high cholesterol. I am 29 and am pretty worried. I know I need to let somebody know. What is the best way, during my PHA, make an appt at flight med, or wait until brooks round 2 prior to UPT. Obviously it is a no brainer that I get seen soon, but as with most people getting ready for UPT I am worried about my slot. Any advice, suggestions, feedback is much appreciated.

Guest doctidy

rjet...so you thought something was wrong and it wasn't, and you want to know what to tell them? Try nothing.

Rusty...you want to tell them about your high cholesterol? There is nothing that will keep you out of UPT related to high cholesterol. They'll get it right for you.