Speeding Ticket.

Guest kalyx522

Guest kalyx522

OK.. this is kinda similiar to the two questions posted below.. perhaps not to the same extent but still breaking the law.

(I did do a search on "speeding ticket" but the result was mostly for those already in the military.)

I got my first speeding ticket about 2.5 months ago. Was doing 108 in 70 zone. I'm not proud of it, I was a knucklehead and unsafe as well (though, the only reason that allowed me to drive that fast was that I was the lone car on the road.) It's kinda ironic because I was on my way to see my accessions officer and when he asked me if I had any citations/arrests I had to say, until today, no.

Anyway I do care about my future career as a pilot.. but what's done is done.. and I was going to work on not getting any more tickets. I've been good about not speeding since then, even though I've been on the I-95 three hours everyday, for the past month.

Then I got carried away yesterday.. the officer clocked me at 79 (in 70 zone).

I'm worried because this is my second ticket in a short span of time.. it probably looks like I'm not learning. Plus, there isn't a lot of time left till I go to the board, so it's not like I can say "I was young and reckless and it's been 10 years since I got my last ticket and I'm a changed person now."

I don't have any other crap on my record. I'm really not "anti-authority" as my tickets might suggest. Just a heavy right foot as even my flight instructors have told me in the past. ok thats not really funny. Do I still have a chance to be an AF pilot? (and also, I know this is a military forum but I know there are reserve/guard guys doing the 121 thing too.. if they can offer any insight as to what airlines think of speeding tickets.)

Guest KoolKat

108 in 70 zone! :eek:

Save it for the plane!

Just stabilize 75 on cruise control and mentally practice your "Tweet Flow."

Slow the F down, your not saving yourself anytime, and I'd rather you were safe (and me too, for that matter.)

BENDY

EDIT: but alas, I must admit to being a hypocrit, since, depending on your age...I also have ganered a 100+ in my Fire Bird way back when...knocked down to an 80 though...whew!

[ 27. February 2006, 14:30: Message edited by: Bender ]

Guest Absolutlyfly

I think that the worst thing for you will be the amount of time between the when you got the tickets and when you meet the board.

But be safe, and you won't get any tickets.

Guest SuperStallionIP
Originally posted by Sienna:

Do I still have a chance to be an AF pilot?

No. I'm afraid that with the zero defect mentality these days as well as force shaping, you're fvcked. Naga naga not gonna work here ever. Sorry, and thanks for wanting to play.

Guest KoolKat

Iron? Do you rely on your sig line to show your sarcasm?

If he's not is or not...

WARNING/ADVICE for Noobs!

There is a concept military types, especially aviators, have called "lack of good judgement," not to be confused with the concept of SLOJ.

It's one of those sweeping categories like SA, or task management...be careful with the things you do hour by hour in your life not to find yourself under that umbrella...You'll be sorry later.

BENDY

Guest ShortThrow

Since you have a violation that in most states would have cost you your liscense for a year, and then you got another one in your must crucial semesters, I'm going to gander that you may have a problem. Only time will tell I guess.

[ 27. February 2006, 20:55: Message edited by: ShortThrow ]

Guest F152 Pilot

I am curious, what did they do to you for that ticket? I have a friend that got one for doing 105 in a 60 with his girlfriend on the back of a motorcycle. But he got on house arrest for a couple of weeks, and had to give up his guns for a year.

Guest F152 Pilot

I forgot to mention, he is in the military and they didn't have too much of a problem with it. I am sure that would not be good for a pilot slot though.