Nav Questions?

Guest Wxpunk

Here's a couple more...

Is there any sandbagging on the 43? Just curiosity.

What's the setup onboard like? Facing forward, facing the wall, windows/no windows, that sorta thing.

Any good nearby housing developments? Might be interested in getting a real house, not an apartment.

Guest gonads

No sandbagging since all flights start and finish at Randolph. There used to be cross countries, but I think they are gone now. As for the mighty A/F/B/W/U/H/OA/T-43A, its a gutted 737 with three stations each with four students. Two facing forward, two facing aft with an instructor in the middle and a hallway on one side. Windows are still there which are nice when you have enough time to look outside.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Wxpunk

Cross countries are back. I think they went away for about a year.

The flights are cake, even the IM flights. Which brings me to another good point: IM sucks a$$. All the rumors you have or will hear about IM are true. Buckle down and you'll be fine...at least 85% of you will (we dropped three from our class of 21 in IM).

Gonads has some great points.

Good Luck!

-------------

Wxpunk

Guest elroy

Intermediate. It follows Intro to Nav, FUNdamentals of Nav, and Systems Navigation. I just had my first flight this afternoon. Not really that bad. Alot different from GS zero though.

[ 20. April 2006, 16:47: Message edited by: ElRoy ]

Originally posted by Wxpunk:

Cross countries are back. I think they went away for about a year.

The flights are cake, even the IM flights. Which brings me to another good point: IM sucks a$$. All the rumors you have or will hear about IM are true. Buckle down and you'll be fine...at least 85% of you will (we dropped three from our class of 21 in IM).

What're you talking about? IM was great fun. Burning pencils, helmets and foot-switch. Besides getting my wings, the hour after my IM check was probably the happiest moment of nav training. It was finally over.

Guest Saluki CSO

That was the greatest post I have read yet! I have a 11 June report date and a class start of 29 Sept for Randolph...and I am def looking forward to it...well and the paycheck.

Cross countries never went away, they just went from 3 days to 2 days. Which had a huge impact because you couldn't drink on the last night (bottle to throttle) meaning you only had one night to hit the town. They are going back to three days now, however...apparently we are being let out of the penalty box early.

We went to Key West in February...left on Thursday, came back on Saturday. Things were pretty strict...students couldn't rent cars and had to ride with the instructors. There were some events that led to this, so maybe now things have calmed down a little bit since then.

Guest Navtastic
Originally posted by sirjrod00:

We went to Key West in February...left on Thursday, came back on Saturday. Things were pretty strict...students couldn't rent cars and had to ride with the instructors. There were some events that led to this, so maybe now things have calmed down a little bit since then.

We went to Key West in Feb of last year. I rented the ride. We got an extra day of fun in the sun due to icing and turbulence along our route the day we were supposed to leave. Awesome.

Have y'all thrown a blanket party for the j_ck_ss that created all the drama yet?

Guest mikedjp
Originally posted by Navtastic:

Have y'all thrown a blanket party for the j_ck_ss that created all the drama yet?

The main culprit isn't even in the air force anymore, at least for the last incident. the accomplices all got LORs.

Mikedjp, the cross countries being shorter has nothing to do with that incident...and the man you speak of is still in the 562nd (busted down to 0-1), however soon to be outprocessed.

The cross countries were reduced to 3 days after somebody "fell" through a storefront window and the plate glass came down on top of them doing some damage.

Originally posted by Mark1:

Mikedjp, the cross countries being shorter has nothing to do with that incident...and the man you speak of is still in the 562nd (busted down to 0-1), however soon to be outprocessed.

The cross countries were reduced to 3 days after somebody "fell" through a storefront window and the plate glass came down on top of them doing some damage.

Yea that's right...my class's first cross country was canceled because of this, then our second one was made even more fun because of those guys that went on that little car ride.