Best Deid Story

HerkDerka

3 beers a day...I don't miss that gay rule. Anyone on here been to Balad and the Deid? I found it funny that the Deid has shelters like every 10 feet but in Balad the majority are only outside of the DEFAC's. Also, i read on prior posts questions about PT gear. I was there about 6 months ago and PT gear was all that was authorized. Rumor had it that Rumsfeld went through there not too long before we were there and thought the place look more like MTV spring break than an AF base.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Torch:

Next time he goes back it will look like a cross-country meet. That's much more appropriate for a warzone...

Now that is funny, and true! Is this an attempt to turn us all into religious runners...aka marathoners?

Originally posted by ISU28:

3 beers a day...I don't miss that gay rule. Anyone on here been to Balad and the Deid? I found it funny that the Deid has shelters like every 10 feet but in Balad the majority are only outside of the DEFAC's. Also, i read on prior posts questions about PT gear. I was there about 6 months ago and PT gear was all that was authorized. Rumor had it that Rumsfeld went through there not too long before we were there and thought the place look more like MTV spring break than an AF base.

I've been to both. Got back from Balad this last January. What I found funny is the Deid has more fortified bunkers in CC than Balad's "concrete box." Another jacked up Balad rule was if you were in line at the DFAC getting your food and were mortared you had to leave the DFAC and run across the way to a concrete box. If you were sitting down and eating you could just stay put.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Clemsonpilot:

speaking of ambien in the Deid...

http://www.clemsonpilot.com/ambien.wmv

Nice video. Reminds me of my nav from my last deployment. He would pop an ambien and stumble around like a drunk annoying people. But he fought the sleep too hard because he was enjoying himself so much that eventually the ambien would keep him awake and he'd show up to fly on 3 hours of sleep.

WOW that is hilarious! My best Ambien trip was 2 or 3 trips ago when I "apparently" went to the bathroom, made it half way back before someone noticed I was just in my boxers. One of my bros pointed out the next day after flying but I had no recolections of it happening. 2 trips ago my AC (super cool Guard Maj now Lt Col) came out to say goodbye to someone, didn't remember it and a picture eneded up in the morning brief. Nothing like free/legal AF drugs!

Cooter