Any 15E drivers here @ WPAFB ? ?

Guest future16driver

Guest future16driver

Just seeing if any of you strike pig types have your jets here. Just a lowly casual ift LT lookin to bum a ride if your doin any flying while waiting out the hurricance.

A good majority of SJAFB's Strike Eagles are out there, but they left a lot of the FTU types like myself behind (I think to avoid getting too far behind the timeline). I imagine if you make your way to the most popular brewery / night spots in Dayton you'll find quite a few of the aircrew.

Your chances of getting a ride are zero - we're not doing any local sorties while we're there.

Is Toro referring to the mighty Oregon District?! It is the place to be.

I kid, I kid.

If you haven't been in town too long, and are wondering where to booze, PM me and I'll give you a couple of hints. Being a young American Fighting Man with his priorities in order, I'm sure this assistance won't be required.

Guest future16driver

The Oregon district and i get along great. it has spawned many a' night friends and so has a little hell hole called timothies. So if any SJ fighter types are here, BW3 has 35 cent wings tommorow and spawns a few chix too. And since a ride wont be in order, maybe just a lovely xmas card photo oppertunity???

Looks like you won't be getting any rides from the Langley jets either (D models).

Langley F-15s not moving for Ophelia

Since AF Times articles are often blocked, here's the text.

Langley F-15s move away from Ophelia

PERU, Ind. — Plans were put on hold Tuesday to fly 24 fighter jets from Langley Air Force Base, Va., to Grissom Air Reserve Base to avoid Tropical Storm Ophelia.

The F-15 Eagle jets were to remain at Langley until further notice, because of concerns about thunderstorms forecast to move into north central Indiana, Grissom officials said.

Grissom, about midway between Indianapolis and South Bend, is the designated shelter for the Air Force’s 1st Fighter Wing and aircraft from the unit have taken shelter from storms there before, base officials said.

Virginia Gov. Mark Warner declared a state of emergency for the state in preparation for potential damage from Ophelia.

The storm was expected to move across the Outer Banks of North Carolina and then to the east of southeastern Virginia on Wednesday night and into Thursday.