Info on Remote Tours

scoobs

These 365's count as a remote tour (kind of). You get short tour credit but you don't PCS, which means you still get your BAH since you are technically 'TDY'. You make a a lot more $$$ on 365's than you do on remote tours to Korea (or so I've been told).

On a 365 tour, as soon as you go over the 179 day mark, it will count as a short tour. Same as Korea.

Both a 365 and a remote to Korea entitles a person to DLA, so that's a push.

A 365 will get you the BAH from your home station, but in Korea we get OHA, plus a utilities stipend on top of your monthly rent amount (The OHA covers the rent to the penny, but the utilites is more than my monthyl electric and gas bill, so I pocket the extra). A 365 is going to be state and federal tax free, plus combat/hazardous duty pay, but in Korea, I'm getting full COLA.

Both have different forms of "additional" cash. I would bet a 365 would still net you more money than a generic remote tour, but not by an exponential amount.

Most importantly for me, I can't but a price on being able to check the "remote" square while having my wife and kiddo with me, while traveling to places like Japan, China, and Thailand.

Cap-10 :flag_waving: