Parotid Tumor - Salavary Gland Tumor

HoverHold

Hello all, 

Currently a Rated Pilot flying for the ANG. 

I recently discovered a small mass along my jawline that I had originally believed to be an inflamed lymph node. Not an area I would usually inspect on my person, so it was a bit surprising to notice something that seems to have been there for a while. To my ignorance I thought it was something that would go away. Several weeks later, and after no change, I decided to bring it up to my Flight Doc. 

Flight Doc suggested it was an irregular mass and issued a referral to an ENT of my choice. After my consultation with my ENT he described the mass as a tumorous growth on the parotid gland. 

I am currently waiting for a CT scan which will then lead to a needle biopsy of the mass. Regardless of the tumor being benign or malignant, I would eventually like it removed for obvious reasons.

• For those well versed on how the medical process works with the Air Force: what am I in for?
  • I would also like to ask those well versed on the FAA Medical process: Will something like this affect a current Class 2 medical, or future applications for FAA medical certificates as I currently hold a Class 2 for my civilian job.

Thank you in advance for any info you all might have!